Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day Thirteen of Twenty: The Baker's Dozen


Day Thirteen Tasks

It took you years of actions to become who you are. Now you are becoming conscious of these actions and choosing what and what not to do and think.

Write everything down. Daily.

1. Take a bath or shower. Wear cologne, perfume, deodorant, floss and brush your teeth. Shave. Do nails, eyebrows, ears.

2. Bed made. Sheets washed. You deserve clean bedding.

3. Continue your daily list non productive activities.

Continue working to eliminate non productive activities. Look for ways to work cooperatively with co-workers.

4. Take photos every day.

5. Friend List

6. Continue the thank you notes as needed.

Continue to print copies and put in a folder.

7. Continue writing down and memorizing the names of new people. Always look in their eyes.

8. Keep your house in order.

9. Plan a specific monthly budget. Continue keeping receipts. It makes you acutely aware of where your money goes.

10. Continue finding ways to like everyone.

Again, it makes no difference to them. Only to you.

11. Put $1.25 in cash in a glass on your bedstand.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today promises to be another productive day. Plans include buying a new pair of running shoes and perhaps a jogging suit/track suit for decorative purposes only. What cute ones have you seen out there? I need some ideas.

I've got my bedding in the wash right now. I will put the sheets for The Barge (sort of a daybed/couch thing) on my bed, so that I won't have to wash bedding again before turning The Closet over to the Poolville Pagan's offspring who are coming into town next week. They were going to be put up in a local hotel, but it makes no sense to do that when they can stay right here in the heart of this development.

That reminds me, I need to get a key made today, as well. I don't know what I will do for exercise today - I haven't checked the wind forecast. I'll admit to being a wind wimp. I just don't like to ride in the wind. The cold I can dress for, but the wind is unrelenting. Or I guess I could bus my bike far away and only ride home in a tailwind? Now that's a thought. Even after all this time, I haven't bussed my bike.

Had a lovely time last night doing what I hope is our new holiday tradition. I fixed dinner and then we headed out to see several of the areas' best light displays. It was great fun. We've got more up on tap tonight. We take on Dallas and the professionally decorated area in the tony part of town. Pebbles is sad to miss this, but she has her office Christmas party tonight. Dinner tonight will be in the casual dining grill of the newest convention hotel in town. I'm looking forward to that, as I've never even been inside. It is supposed to be gorgeous. Groupon Score!

Food has been decent, as has exercise. I'll think I'll hit my on-foot challenge of 500 before years end. Lately I haven't been exercising on Friday. A coworker has gotten into the habit of asking me to lunch on Friday and I do hate to turn down such opportunities. I just have to figure out how to make it up elsewhere. I guess I can declare Friday and Sundays off. Although with Bick being out of town, no reason Sunday has to be an off day this weekend.

Continuing to plan our very-laid-back, no-one-gets-stressed no-gifts-to-be-exchanged (or very few) Christmas Day. Bick wants to grill steaks and the rest of the meal will be simple as well. Baked potatoes in the crockpot, green salad, and Brussels sprouts are on tap. The fun stuff will be just the noshy stuff. I'm preparing a baked brie thing and for our actual dessert, I'm going to try my hand at preparing that fabulous, wonderful, amazing dessert we ate (several times) in Istanbul. I may wander over to the Dallas tomorrow to the middle eastern market for the ingredients. I'm also on the lookout for Love Actually to be the premier entry in this year's Christmas movie fest, along with an indie film Pebbles is procuring for us.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Establish some new traditions.

-Roxie

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this post as always, Roxie. I was thinking about tradition just today, actually. My husband's family started going out to eat a couple of years ago for Christmas Eve and now that this will be the first Christmas without his mom, we were trying to decide if we wanted to continue. I was glad that everyone agreed. There will only be three of us now, but it will still be nice.
    Love, Actually is one of my favorite movies. It will put you right into a good mood....so good!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.