Saturday, January 29, 2011

Backsplash

I went out to Reata South after work to see the progress. Job is almost finished. Counter tops have been templated and are awaiting fabrication. My next task was to pick out a bit of tile for a small backsplash. And because I have neither a huge investment in nor a dire need to precisely control this bit, I called The Family, asked them out to dinner and to go pick out tile with me. So we did that. they picked out the tile and it was fun.

The job looks good. Oh, it's not going to be featured in Dwell anytime soon, but given the parameters, I couldn't be more pleased. Too bad it will soon be so covered up as to go unnoticed. Oh well. Can't fix everything. I've been so fortunate with this contractor. His reviews and references were spot on.

And in other news of the obvious - when I eat poorly, I feel poorly. And I didn't do as well in either exercise or fighting the buffet. I fought the office breakfast buffet and the buffet won. Oh, it wasn't horrible - I just ate a bit too much of the wrongish things and I feel the worse for it physically. And since I didn't say NOT IT quick enough, I ended up in the office until after five, so no bike ride for me yesterday. Today is a different story. I have got a couple hours of office work to do starting at about nine this morning, and then I'm off for about a two hour ride today. Yippee!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Guard against backsplash.

-Roxie
145.5

3 comments:

  1. You're right about the eating poorly makes you feel poorly. I often feel both physically and mentally awful after eating poorly. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we get to see pictures of the finished project - and that was very sweet of you to let the family pick out the tile. :)

    It was such a pretty day today - sure hope you and Cha Cha got out in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you can't wait until all of this is finally done and over with. Glad to hear that the contractor has been pleasant to deal with - these days you just don't know, anymore. Have a great bike ride today. We are preparing for 'snow measurable by feet' here in Indiana so I've got to get out and get some running around done before our next big wave hits.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.