Friday, January 28, 2011

I Want To Ride My Bicycle, I Want To Ride My Bike


and not in the house, either. I will, however, be fully clothed. I am hoping to get away from work early today. This week has been a total beating and I don't know if it is over yet. Hell, I may end up working LATE!

I had an incident yesterday where I should have kept my big mouth shut, but didn't. Now I'm trying to assess what I am feeling and why. So I've spent some time on that. I know several commenters (how the hell does one spell that - spell check isn't happy with anything I chose) have said that they think I think too much. Well, for right now, that may be true. I don't plan on adopting analyzing everything to the nth degree in the future - but for those situations that would have historically been triggers for self-sabotaging behaviors, I feel like I need to spend some time just dealing with it - and that hopefully things will become more clear and then I can just sail on through, self-acceptance intact.

Food has been as planned. Exercise has suffered a bit, but I am hopeful that some near 70 degree weather today and tomorrow will allow me to spend some quality one-on-one time with Clementine Peddleford and Trainer Joe can just stay the hell at the house.

I've got a morning breakfast celebration to attend, along with a short talk to give and so I'm waiting for my morning coffee to help blunt some of the breakfast foods there. I'm bringing yogurt bar fixings, but I know that there will be a bread pudding/custard thing there that tripped me up last time. And since one bit makes me want to eat the WHOLE thing, I'll try to forgo that first nibble. Oh, and I'm baking that pie to take in as well. Yes, I know it's supposed to be for a dinner, but I just want it gone.

My plan is to hit the meditation session tonight if I don't get to go riding outdoors today.

That's all the news from Kornfield Kounty.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Some days are diamonds;some days are stones.

-Roxie
144.5

10 comments:

  1. Thinking too much?
    Or not enough?
    If it's still on your mind,
    then it isn't resolved....
    no matter what if it should be or not!
    Another good bit of feedback to keep us really on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny - I've been told I think too much, which is why I totally follow your thinking! When I know I've behaved badly, or opened my mouth when I should have kept it shut (happens way too often), I think it's important to reflect and consider how I could have handled it better.

    Don't even talk to me about 70 degree weather! We're getting more snow today and tomorrow (just showers), with a prediction for plowable snow next Wednesday. ACK.

    Hope you get the ride of your dreams in this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been accused of thinking too much, too. I don't buy it...there's no such thing as thinking too much. It's how I process things...it's how I become aware...it how I take care of myself. So think away dear Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably the folks who accuse you of thinking too much would not be able to bear that themselves.

    I'm that way. If I think too much it takes me to dark places instead of to resolution. So I have to be quite careful. I have to find the line between analyzing and correcting the situation and thinking about it so deeply that I spiral downward.

    But ultimately, you know what's best for you and if you need to be The Thinker, you go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Thinker. Not a bad thing.

    Riding a bike is freeing. Just to coast and feelthe wind. Have a good ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Some days are stones."

    Yes. And if you pile up enough stones and climb to the top, there's plenty of fresh air and sunshine up there!

    Hope you get outside today with Cha-Cha. I plan to take Lady P. for a spin myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that song, but the "fat bottom girls" line always used to embarrass me - like they were singing it about ME! (why YES, a band from England specifically wrote a song about a girl from California when she wasn't even overweight, lol).

    I don't think anyone would ever accuse me of thinking too much...now awfulizing, that's another story. ;)

    ::whispers so Helen doesn't hear:: Can you BELIEVE the weather?!? It's supposed to be sunny and 71 today! I hope you do get out and enjoy it with Cha Cha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love 70 degrees! Here in Minnesota, it's still cold and the snow is still piled up.

    As far as thinking too much, I know I am also guilty of analyzing things "quite thoroughly"--or so I've been told. Well, it's who I am and it's the way I operate. We're all different, and it works for me in many ways. Nothing is perfect, so in our analytical minds, we look for ways to improve on our situations--and we keep growing as human beings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I'd even settle for an indoor trainer so I could play my own tunes while I sweat. I loves me some of that "Fat Bottomed Girls", but I just can't imaging them playing that in a YMCA spin class.

    I wish I were better at speaking my mind without filtering. Too often things that really need saying are left unsaid.

    Ask yourself what your motivation was for what ever you said. If your motives were good, it's really up to the other person to accept your opinion - or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Queen! One of my favorite groups - put that on and I am singing loudly :D

    I think a lot about stuff. Sometimes I feel that I overthink and then I get more confused than ever. Guess that is what is meant by 'ignorance is bliss.'

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.