Thursday, January 6, 2011

I WON

No, not the lottery. I won my battle with the insurance company. I cannot even believe it. I am so happy and not just for the settlement, but for the experience as well.

Normally, I face these things in one of two ways: 1. I just slink off into the sunset without even doing anything because I'm afraid that I will get angry and won't get what I want. And just what am I supposed to do those feelings? It was easier to just let it go. Or 2. Go into it in such a defensive position that I turned everything into a MMA cage fight, winner-take-all, scorched earth death match.

Some things I need to try to remember. If I approach things as a problem to be solved rather than a zero sum game, I stand a better chance of getting what I want. If I don't ask, I will NEVER EVER EVER get what I want.

11 comments:

  1. YAY!! So hapy for you. I know this has been bugging you for a little while. Glad it's over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! Congratulations! New behavior gives yields big reward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic outcome for you - I can almost sense through your words how SO happy and relieved you are, and I'm glad it's over with....it's been a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Well done you, you sorted it!
    So pleased that its sorted out

    ReplyDelete
  5. and thats better than the lottery!!
    more.rare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled for you! Simply fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.