Saturday, January 22, 2011

Introducing Trainer Joe

Name suggested by Anne H. It is the perfect name, given my love for Trader Joe's. I don't miss the man in Scottsdale, but I sure do miss that store. And I'm writing this because I'm stalling. I do NOT want to take Cha-Cha and Trainer Joe out for a spin this morning. I'm wearing my but-I-don't-wanna pants this morning. Actually, I'm sitting here, all decked out and ready to ride and I need to just get up and eat the frog. If you eat the frog the first thing in the morning, the day can only go up from there.

I've been riding every morning and spending the minimum of fifteen minutes on my soul/spirit/personal development reading each day. So far, so good.

I'm glad to be seeing this week in the rearview. Not one of my all-time favs. Not much going on this weekend. Bick is coming into town tonight. He's going shopping for some bigger pants (and a treadmill), an office chair and a few other sundry items. I'll fix us dinner - a gift of that food pie that Oprah loves. I googled it up to get serving suggestions and folks are in one of two camps - either they love it or hate it. I have no real clue how this will go tonight. I'm sure we won't starve. And we'll probably catch a movie, although we've seen the only two that are of much interest to us.

Shhh! It's a secret. Bick's bday is coming up soon and I got him this as his small present. It's for Farrah. How's that for a blast from the past. I think he'll get a kick out of it. I also found him an old cassette by F0ghat that will go well with the theme.

Speaking of Sl0wride, I need to get my ass out of this chair and onto my bike.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Even if you ride slow, ride.

-Roxie

14 comments:

  1. I really wish we had Trader Joe's up here in Canada... Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your set up for your bike. I have a Proform 615 treadmill from Sears and I just love it! Haven't had a bit of trouble with it you can pass that on to Bick...plus on Craigslist I see people starting to sell their treadmills for cheap so sad they just got em..
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got so wasted at a Foghat concert one time. Should have seen the whole addiction thing coming...lol. It was fun then.

    I am sure by now the frog has been digested and you are on to the next thing. I am walking later this morning and now I am dreading it. Wanting it to be over for sure.

    What is this Oprah pie of which you speak. You have peaked my interest. I have loved watching her this week. She has been in Australia.

    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee! Love it!
    Slow ride - take it easy!
    FrogHat to FogHat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess my mind is in the gutter because when I saw the key chain I initially thought it was handcuffs. For Bick's b-day. Well, I'm sure you can make the leap. ha ha.

    The name Trainer Joe is indeed cute. I understand about sometimes not being into exercise. But I've never seen any but-I-don't-wanna pants! What do they look like? Can you post a picture? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I'd also never heard the term "eat the frog" before. Now there's some mind imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Trader Joe's.
    Love that you spend time each day for reflection.
    Love your bike! My husband and I are resolved to get a pair of bikes in the spring, and I can't wait!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know of this Oprah pie but I, too, am curious. Trainer Joe is not quite the handsome dude I had hoped to see when I read your post title...lol.

    Cool key chain. And cassette? Love it. I am trying to make my husband get rid of our old cassettes because who has a player anymore? Apparently Bick, ha!

    Have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are liking the trainer enough to name it! You are creative. I just call mine the trainer LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know Jay and Silent Bob? They are characters from Kevin Smith movies and they hang out at the Quik Mart. My husband wants his hang out to be Trader J's and just stand out by the window all day like Jay and Silent Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the name. We are getting TJs this year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How're you liking using a bike trainer?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet rides, Roxie - both of them :) Sounds like you put some serious thought into those gifts, too. What guy wouldn't like that? Hope your ride went well and that your weekend just continued to get better from there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. maaan, another woman with out a TRADER JOES.
    But I do have me a kinda trainer Joe so I shall cease the lamentations and get to the exercis-a-mations :)

    Im off!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.