Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Possibilities

Don't you love that image? It's from a perfume ad, but I think it's quite lovely. I am looking forward to seeing what the new year will bring. I'm excited about the possibilities. If I can use this past year as a yardstick, this year could be just awesome, I am betting it will be.

For today, it's back to work, back to my routine where there will be more exercise and fewer cookies. Between the holidays and the funeral food, well, it was what it was.

I've got my food ready for the day and a plan for exercise today. Gym at lunch and Cha-Cha and her trainer this evening.

Off topic - technical question. My public library has ebooks/audibooks for download. Does anyone know what the easiest way to get those books on my iPod? I'm thinking I would enjoy listening to some books while doing the indoor Cha-Cha.

As for my participation in Ellen's Hate Loss Challenge, I am concentrating on improving my body image. My twenty days activity showed that I need some continued work in this area. So to live more authentically, this is the area that I am concentrating on. I've selected some words to say that I can say out loud with a straight face to affirm myself, wrote them down and have posted them on my bathroom mirror. I just hope the apartment maintenance men don't find a need to come into my apartment!







Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Imagine the possibilities!

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I've been putting affirmations up all over my house - Mr. thinks I'm nuts but I need them right now.

    I think for those books you'd have to download them then import them into your iTunes account so that they convert to a format that the iPod will play. Should work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. It reminds me that we can all be glamorous, delicate, beautiful. I did a body jam dance class yesterday and in one dance we did a wave butterfly thing. I close my eyes and imagine I'm a real dancer , but when I look in the mirror at our whole group-I fit right in and look like a dancer. That helps my body image. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I wrote about affirmations yesterday - realizing that I was unconsciously anti-affirming myself on a daily basis. What a shock. Seriously.

    2011 is feeling very fresh and positive to me also. But it will unfold one day at a time, no matter what kind of year it is, and we know we can handle whatever comes along in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a good feeling about this year too! I loved that you said "affirmations you can say with a straight face". I can relate.

    Here's to the year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a good plan to make you feel on top of your day - hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried iTunes university?
    tons of stuff in the podcast and
    radio section. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried to find you on twitter but failed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to thank you for participating, Roxie. I know you will add some very rich content for everyone to read, including me. I'm preparing a post for later tonight; this challenge is not for sissies, I'm finding out. Way harder than it looks.
    The way my library does the ipod/audiobook is that you bring your ipod to them and they install the book. Then you have to bring it back for them to un-install it. Speaking of library, I have reserved SoulPancake per your recent suggestion and am really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting about the Hate Loss Challenge. I definitely have issues in that area.

    Just today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, side view, slouching. I thought if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was six months pregnant. Of course that followed with the fat pig comment, etc. It did get my butt to the gym and I did situps which I detest.

    Positive affirmations about myself is a very strange idea. I'm not sure I could pull it off...but perhaps it's worth a try. I'll have to check out fatgirlwearingthin (great blog name).

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.