Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Practicing



I'm having some difficulty getting back into the the swing of things - back into my routine. I was too tired yesterday and that makes good clean living more of a struggle. Let's just say I got the derailed by the three o'clock doldrums and let it go at that. I did fine with food and exercise until then.

But today is a new day. I get to start my practice over again this morning. I got a much better night's sleep and feel much more invigorated today. Which is good, as I've got some work to do. The Maroon side of Bick's family is heading this way on Thursday from Maroonville. The plan, as it stands, is to meet up here, go to dinner, and then participate in a very traditional custom at midnight before the big game on Friday. Bick and I aren't going to the game, but the events leading up to it will be fun. And tiring.

I failed to get Cha-Cha up on her trainer, so that's the goal for today. I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to Tetris things around in here to make room for my faux velodrome to have a view of the television. That may require some input from my professional designer and space planner, Pebbles. We'll see. It will be good to be able to keep some legs under me this winter.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Practice.

-Roxie

Note re: twitter. I don't know why I don't show up, Lee. I've got some followers, but when I search for the name, it doesn't come up for me, either. I'll research.

10 comments:

  1. You Tetrising the Closet gave me a laugh. Sometimes it must be nice to live alone and be able to do whatever you want to with the space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate on struggling to get back in the swing of things...me too. Haven't slept well. Dragging butt all day at work yesterday, and again so far today. Hoping I can shake this off soon. Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to a midnight yell...I hear they're fun. ;)

    Enjoy the Aggies - that game is all this town is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The animals in my house have decided to act up now that I'm back to my regular work schedule. Last night was interrupted with the old dog needing a late night trip to the potty and then some kind of vermin hanky-panky going on in my attic at 4am. Good grief. Nothing like that went on while I was off.

    The midnight yell sounds like fun!

    I think I need a trainer for Nellie. I've got to get back on the bike.

    Hope your day runs smoother today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For now, Roxie, try to find me on twitter. We must be twitty together.

    journey2fit

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a shame you can hook the trainer to the ceiling and hang down from there :D

    Sort of like a murphy bed for bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying really hard not to be jealous of your trainer. I have an entire empty room for one. Time to check out craigslist again. :)

    Keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New day. New possibilites. New chances. Love that. Having a hard time getting my mojo back. Slowly but surely.

    I have no ideaa what a midnight yell is, but it sounds fun. Football fun!

    progress not perfection.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. huh
    can I get my MIDNIGHT YELL moved up to 8pm?

    and yes.
    hell yes.
    why is this week still feeling bumpy pre-2011??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gig'em Ags! So jealous - haven't been to midnight yell since I graduated...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.