Sunday, January 9, 2011

TCB: Taking Care of Business

So last night I went to Elvis' birthday party with my friend Michele. I'd read about it in the paper but got confused and thought it was at The Modern, but Michele knew it was at the Science and History Museum and texted me with the invite.

What fun! Unfortunately, the pictures didn't turn out. They looked really good in the view finder thingy, but totally washed out when larger. Sorry, M. But we had a great time. What a wonderful idea - adult night at the Children's Museum (oh they call it the Science and History Museum - but it will always be the kids' museum to me)! They had activity areas set up - Michele and I made birthday hats for The King - mine had the TCB logo, complete with lightning bolt, a jar of Jiffy Peanut Butter and some awesome sun glasses complete with sparkles! Seriously, I know why people scrap book! They had all sorts of supplies set out at different stations and we just sat down with scissors and a glue stick and went after it. There was a velvet Elvis station where you could paint on black velvet! And the craft area stayed packed. What a cool idea! Awesomeness.

There were also hula hoops! I threw on a hula hoop for the first time in I would say, forty years! Got the first try! And then couldn't do it again. I started thinking about it too much - as is the fault with me in most things ;-). There was also a Beatles cover band, air guitar contest and science guy. I loved science guy. He had liquid nitrogen and was doing all sorts of cool stuff with it - including just throwing it out on the floor to roll around! There were Elvis impersonators, of course. And you could come dressed as your favorite rock star - although not too many were dressed up.

There was a great turn out! I was really surprised. There were a lot of young people - over 18 but under 21, I'm guessing, but I could be wrong. There were also a lot of people in our age group who wanted someplace to go, but didn't want a loud bar. I had a wonderful time. Thanks, Michele (who is a charter member and got me in for frees as her guest)!

So now I'm at home with SadieLu and it's raining cats and dogs and the temperature is scheduled to drop fast. We just got in from our morning walk. Sadie did NOT want to mess up her "do". She goes to the doggy day spa once a month and yesterday was her spa day. She came to The Closet directly from her treatment and was all powdered and fluffed. This morning, she smells like wet dog. Oh well, not much to be done about it.

I'm trying to muster up the gumption to do something of value today, but it turns out I'm pretty low on gumption. I don't feel like riding Cha-Cha inside Thunderdome, so I think I'll head to the gym here and spend some time on the elliptical and watch some cable television. Sadie is pretty tired from our walk this morning, so she'll probably nap for a while. Best get cracking if I want the day to amount to much.


Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take care of your business.

-Roxie
142.5

1 comment:

  1. The Elvis birthday party sounds like so much fun! As for the scrapbooking thing - I missed the boat for my kids but made one for Paco - it IS fun! Stay warm this week!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.