Sunday, January 2, 2011

Theme For The Year: Authenticity



I will be true to myself. I will ask for what I want. I will be the change I want to see. I am responsible for my own happiness. It is my choice.

I am worth the effort it takes to live authentically. I am worth the effort it takes to life healthfully. I am worth the effort it takes to live responsibly.

I will feel vulnerable. I will feel afraid. I will feel shame. I will feel all these things and I will do it anyway.

I will not try to do "too much". The things that I can do consistently are more important than those things I can do sporadically.

Happy New Year!

I am back home and ready to get back into my life and routine. This holiday has been one for a great deal of reflection and that has been enlightening. I look forward to seeing how this year plays out.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Imagine the possibilities!

-Roxie


Image from www.brenebrown.com

2 comments:

  1. "I will ask for what I want" - why is that such a tough thing for so many of us? And "worth the effort"? Absolutely. In everything. What a wonderful gift you are allowing yourself to experience. Happy New Year, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will feel all these things and I will do it anyway.

    That is how I TRY and live my life as well.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.