Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kitchen Confidential


I ran out to Reata South last night to see the finished kitchen. Wow. Just Wow. The job just exceeded all my wildest expectations. I was so very, very fortunate. I've seen the results of a cheap kitchen reno recently, which mine was, and it was head and shoulders over what I'd seen done in for-sale homes. That whole deal worked out exactly as it should have. I put some money into it, above the insurance settlement, and I believe it was money well spent. I didn't overspend or overdo and it looks finished and a quality job.

Had a nice dinner with the family. I just really have to get in the right headspace to deal with that stuff and is usually the case with me, the dread is worse than the actual event. I continue to struggle with that trait.

I'm not feeling well. Allergies or the start of a head cold or something has me not at the top of my game this morning. I'm going to a meeting this morning but I may stick with a treadmill walk upon my return. Slept poorly all night and then slept in until 8 this morning. Not an auspicious start to the day.

Food has been good. We went to Babe's for dinner, which can be a carb-fest, but I stuck with the smoked chicken and the green beans. I had a biscuit crust for dessert! Plus, the wait was only 20 minutes and I managed to shop for and find a new pair of snazzy looking sunglasses (not pictured above) from the shop next door. Talk about a great business model - the shop pipes in the call list from the restaurant!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Have a vision.

-Roxie

11 comments:

  1. Glad the project turned out so well. Sometimes it just is better to spend a little more and get it done right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for new shades! Were they Prada? LOL

    So happy the kitchen redo came out well - always great to hear of a positive outcome with regard to renovation.

    Thanks for the sweet comments, Roxie - means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the renovation exceeded your expectations. Love when that happens. Hope your nasal stuff is short lived- I've been dealing with it too - very annoying mainly because my nose is so drippy it's almost incontinent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's a relief to have the reno out of the way. Please to send contractor my way. :)

    I used to rush home from work to watch The Match Game! I liked Brett Somers and Charles Nelson Reilly so much. Good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that the kitchen remodel turned out great! I'm sure the family appreciates it.

    Sorry to that you aren't feeling well. Take it easy today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well shoot. Feel better. I used to love MatchGame. So did my Daddy. I think Charles Nielson Reiley had the same specks as she has on.

    Now to get caught up with the rest of you week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love the Match Game! And now those huge glasses are coming back in style!

    Happy the renovation went well - I watch all those shows on HGTV and some of them don't turn out.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a great kitchen (or bathroom) remodel that you're happy with! Yay!

    Hope whatever it is bugging your head is short-lived!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that a pic of the new sunglasses? Holy smokes. ;)

    Hope it's just alergies & you're already feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for good things coming your way - the kitchen, the food, the new shades! Sometimes that just feels good. Hope you are NOT down with something and it was a temporary blip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad the kitchen turned out so well, especially after all the angst you suffered going through it.

    Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope it is just allergies. The cold that is going around is not pleasant (although neither are allergies).

    I don't know if you read my last post about my hub's upcoming surgery on March 8. I'll be pretty involved with taking care of him for a number of days, but I do believe that I will still be able to meet with you and Diana, at least for lunch (maybe Tuesday the 15th?)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.