Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Redneck Wednesday


Since I've already posted the Hayes song. I might as well go whole hog. Today is Redneck Wednesday where I cater a bit to my hillbilly side. I like my hillbilly with a big old side of irony and a graduate degree.

The setting for Baja, Oklahoma is closing.

Junior wins the pole at Daytona on the tenth anniversary of this. For those playing along at home, I'm the NASCAR fan. Bick is more of a drag racing kinda of guy - of the Pro Stock ilk. He's a big engine, burning rubber kinda guy.

Another love song for the hi-tech, redneck hillbilly couple.

I'll be spending a lot of time on youtube as I'm now sharing a conference room with a half dozen of my co-workers. Thank goodness for earphones.


ETA: And sadness fell across the Junior Nation.

7 comments:

  1. Although I'm not a NASCAR fan, I think I'm a redneck at heart. One of my favorite movies is "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby."
    I'm sure you've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Grace, never seen it. Don't have a love of Will Ferrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan either, but this movie is laugh out loud hilarious. Or at least it is for us wanna-be rednecks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up. I love the attitude about the houses. Something good will come along for sure. Are you talking about the new carpetner/remodel guy that just the Reata South kitchen? You must have really liked him.

    I have never even watched NACAR on TV. I don't get it. That's ok...right?

    Excite to see what you come up with housewise. Don't forget the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I knew we shared the racing bug! My inner redneck (yeah, "inner", riiight) also cheers for the 88, although I haven't quite forgiven the color change from red to forest green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Kay, that's really funny, Roxie. My husband and I are from the deep South, so the Nascar fans are our peeps and our red neck roots go deep (love the irony and grad degree caveat). I've never gotten into Nascar, but my father in law was a amateur driver and can spend hours watching cars go around. and around. And around some more. Never understood it myself...give me some SEC football any day!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.