Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stringing Together

Not much new to report. Good days are being strung together. I'm practicing good self-care in lots of ways: Eating well, exercising, spending time on my spiritual life, spending time doing recovery work, journaling, and keeping the wallet closed.

I have an opportunity to go to a "soft" opening of a restaurant tonight, so I will need to adjust for that. I'm pretty sure some planning and a spin class will do the trick.

And yes, I did have the oxtail at the Conoco and it was wonderful. All six of us ordered something different and the oxtail and Sandy's pot roast were declared the winners. It was served in what was called an "African spicy sauce" which wasn't particularly spicy, but was very, very good. Sides included some awesome velvety mustard greens and coconut rice.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Build momentum.

-Roxie
143

5 comments:

  1. String a bunch of those days together then it's a good week, good fortnight, good month. Yet somehow the trick is to remember that it's really just one day at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a soft opening before but have heard from several people that they can be quite entertaining. Hope you have a good time. Enjoy your day; looking forward to hearing how it went :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sounding really grounded, Roxie - holistic self care. I'm trying very hard to remember to be present in each moment. A couple of things recently have clearly demonstrated how I'm often going through motions without awareness.

    I'm still loving those salad kits - they were part of my food prep this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Building momentum... that's really what it's all about, isn't it? I think I'm at my best when I'm laser-focused on stringing good days together instead of flip-flopping between good days and crappy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, I don't realize that I've strung several "good" days together until later - awareness is wonderful.

    Hope you have fun at the restaurant tonight - what a treat!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.