Saturday, March 26, 2011

On The Table

I've got my "last best" offer on the table. I think there is a 50/50 chance that they will accept it. I suspect it will be Monday before I hear anything. While I don't like the game the seller is playing, my goal is to end up with a new home and not get enmeshed in the gamesmanship of the process. I'm trying to keep my eye on my goal and not the distractions along the way. I cannot control those things. I didn't want to regret not going to my limit on this one. No matter how it turns out, it is already perfect.

When I'm in a yoga class, there is this feeling of sinking into a pose. It's usually accompanied by a sigh - not of relief, really, but more of a release of the body into the "knowing", into it's truth. I get that same feeling sometimes at a meeting when someone speaks a truth that resonates so deeply within me that it sort of makes me let out a breath - a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. I'm feeling that same knowing feeling about my housing situation. The longer I engage in my practice or the process of home buying, the more knowing I am going to get. And just as each yoga pose is already perfect, my housing situation is already perfect - it's just a matter of sinking into the right one.

Last night was quite lovely. While the drive-in thing didn't work out, the FOO's came into town and we went to a lovely little family-owned, neighborhood Italian restaurant. I won't say that the food is the best ever, but the vibe in that place is just so lovely. I don't know why I don't go there more often, but I just don't think about it. It was actually my third choice for last night, but as the other restaurants were so, so busy. But it turned out just beautifully.

We came back here and I gave the Foo's their candy and then we popped downstairs for more gelato! Now there's a habit that I cannot start :-) Came back upstairs and streamed one of our favorite movies from the 80's - Arthur. Funny how it did not look dates, as the fashions are right back now where they were then. The only style shot that was different was when Arthur's character wore jeans. And while I now find little funny about alcohol, I did enjoy the movie and the company. I am glad we were able to get together and enjoy ourselves.

I'm running late for the gym this morning and I've got a meeting at 10, followed by a drive across the county to a massage/mani/pedi appointment at noon. After that, Bick's. So I better get cracking.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Sink into your truth.

-Roxie
143.5

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice evening. Your right, you just need to sink into the right ouse for you. Great analogy.

    Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got exactly the right attitude about the house versus the negotiations. I actively disliked the behaviors of the person selling the house I wanted. In my situation, I got lucky. The seller's Realtor was so embarrassed by her client that she cut her own commission to bring our sale to close. My attitude wasn't as wise as yours. I'd have walked on a house I love because the seller's games rankled me.

    That would have been a loss for everyone. You've got your head in exactly the right place for this. There's no need to get emotional about someone else's "Donald-Trump Real-Estate-Mogul-of-Grandma's-Condo" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Arthur! Wonder if the new one will be any good...

    Good attitude with the condo. And the evening with the FOO's sounds so nice - glad everything went well. Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful description of feeling your body release breath you were unaware was being held within. That IS peace and being grounded. Clearly you trust your offer will or won't be accepted according to what the universe is holding for you. How nice to not have to stew over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe they are remaking Arthur. Not sure a new one could possibly compete at all. Hollywood has to quit recycling movies.

    Real estate is a game most times. Having sold 3 houses, each time is a feeling of getting pushed around by the buyer, when in fact that only happened one time (and it was really the buyer's realtor and not the buyers).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right. Each situation is perfect in one way or another. A fave quote from Martha Beck: "The worst problem you're facing is motivation for the best idea you've ever had. Success comes from problems."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy -- your comment gave me chills -- this one: "I get that same feeling sometimes at a meeting when someone speaks a truth that resonates so deeply within me that it sort of makes me let out a breath - a breath that I didn't even know I was holding."

    I've experienced this same thing on various occasions, and it's an incredible experience. It usually opens the door to some new understanding of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lordy I covet your attitude and writing skillz.

    hope it was a great day and WEEKEND.
    Monday is here.
    again.

    can you believe it?!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.