Wednesday, April 6, 2011

After A While, It Just Becomes Laughable

This house had been on the market two days when I drove past. I made an appointment to see it and two others on Thursday. I drove past this one about three times this evening and had pretty much made the decision to buy it, if it looked nearly as good on the inside as it did on the outside. It was a total gem and priced very, very well. I came home tonight to look at the interior again online and all three properties went under contract today. Can I pick 'em or what?

The Universe must have something really awesome lined up for me the way I keep losing these houses. It's kind of hard for me to see what the lesson is here. I know there is one here somewhere, but I can't figure out if I'm supposed to just sit and be still or continue to do the legwork and kick things up a notch.

The first mistake I need to correct is that if I see something come on the market, I need to see it THAT day! And even when I'm the first one in (remember last year) I don't always end up with the house.

I did get in a good lunchtime workout, but food was not good today. I need more protein/more food at lunch. My lunch isn't getting me through the day very well and I am ravenous by the time I come home from work.

I'm going to a roundtable discussion of journalists tomorrow who are scheduled to discuss the new media. Should be interesting. And then I'll pour over real estate ads.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

-Roxie

10 comments:

  1. good grief--the housing market in your area is on fire! I f you were looking in the Atlanta metro market you would have thousands of places to look at. Timing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We experienced the same sort of house hunting issues when we were looking and the market wasn't even as good as it is now. Our issue was our price point. Homes that were priced at what we were willing to pay just went like hotcakes. One time I saw a house go on at 8 am. Called my agent, set up an appt. for 4:30 and before we could get there, it was under contract - in the same day.

    Yet the home we ended up with is better than any we looked at so I agree - the universe has something spectacular waiting for you. Hang in there baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a sharp looking house. Looked to be very well kept. Guess you have to have a contract in your purse ready to go when you cruise neighborhoods looking for a house.

    Keep chugging along, you'll get the timing right soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it looks like you really have to jump on it when you find something you might like...at least now you know! Still say your place is out there waiting for you to find it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a very nice looking house, and I have to say that you have good taste. It sounds like you have to really jump on something that is nice and priced right! The housing market must be picking up.

    Good luck to you in your search--you have been so patient, and I believe you will be rewarded with something special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the same experience trying to rent a house in San Diego; things were going so fast and my Realtor said she'd never seen it like that. But then we had the same experience trying to buy houses in DFW five years ago - probably 6-7 times we'd go back to the office to write up an offer and it'd be under contract.

    So, I think, really, this isn't "losing" the house. It's just what house-shopping is like. Especially for a really good property, it's going to go fast. The less-great ones will linger. And you'll know you really like something when you're eager to quick-draw on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always hard to get the lesson when you're in the quest, isn't it? You'll look back someday (from your perch in your next home) and say "Oh, I get it now!" What a cute house that was - good taste my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frustrating! It's out there though - it is! And it will be better than all of these combined (how's that for faith? I'll keep enough handy for both of us!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the house! I do believe, though, that it's a universe thing and this was not your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things are sure different here. There are three houses on our block for sale, and two more on the block one street over. The houses aren't moving and the prices keep coming down. I know, maybe you should move back to Washington! :)

    My guess is the meaning here is that even though these houses looked perfect for you, maybe they were more perfect for someone else. You'll find your house. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.