Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Deconstruction


I got all my loan ap paperwork completed (I hope) and turned in yesterday and then I set into deconstructing The Closet. I packed and labeled two boxes, two bags of excess linens, created one bag for Goodwill and one bag for the rubbish chute. Closing in 28 days.

I also managed to bring a spot of rain to North Central Texas yesterday, as I took MalibuKen in for a wash and interior vacuum. That's another thing that will be wonderful about The Manor, as I can pull the car unto the pad in the back and wash my own car!

This week has also brought with it some new insights on a couple of fronts and I'm still formulating my thoughts on those. Future post, probably.

Food has been decent. Exercise could be better, but considering the upheaval, I'll take it any day of the week.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Winnow down.

-Roxie
140.5

7 comments:

  1. The best thing about moving is the deconstruction and ability to also declutter at the same time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Wish I could come and help you pack & move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw on FB that you had already started packing up! NICE. So happy for you. Funny how you seem to be getting "rewarded" with this new house. Something that makes the split a little easier, no? It has been pretty much stress free. Way to go my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving stinks, but it really can help keep the clutter to a minimum.

    My trick is to pack and number boxes. The higher the number, the more I use the item because it gets packed later. It is so easy to look for the highest number boxes on moving day to make sure you find your essentials right away (coffee maker, toothbrush, and jammies!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really nice of you to afford mid Texas with some rain :) So exciting that this move is happening. I look forward to hearing the details, and also more on your insights. They always help me on my own journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, that's the best thing about moving - the purge.

    My son said there was some wicked weather up your way yesterday - now I can tell him what brought it on! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to send any of that weather a little south, I'd be ok with that.

    I love moving. I know, it's a sickness. And if/when I ever do it again, I'm totally using Lori's method. Last time, the Army moved us. Which, for complicated and dull reasons, resulted in every thing we owned that didn't fit in two suitcases being put in storage for 6 months. I would have killed for just the highest number box.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.