Saturday, April 30, 2011

Flew The Coop


Well, this is a boring morning! No fancy hats and feathers to hold my interest. I did catch a bit of the royal wedding yesterday and pronounced it quite lovely. And like the rest of the world, I am fascinated by fascinators. My favorite was the architectural ribboned display sported by Princess Eugenia Beatrice. I understand it was not the crowd favorite, however. I thought it, in combination with her understated jacket, very lovely with her coloring. Spot on, in my book.

The packing continues. I am living in chaos which isn't a fun place to be, but necessary. I've got about half of my packing done, I'd say. I just need to figure out how to live in this mess for two of the next three weeks. I will be leaving next Saturday for Florida for a week and then the Saturday after my return, I get the keys. So I do still have some work ahead of me.

My agenda today involves some gym time this morning, a meeting and a trip to a used bookstore while I'm on that side of town. I'm planning a bike ride this afternoon, but the truth is that I'm at my highest energy level upon waking in the morning, so I'm likely to not ride. That's the trouble with scheduling. I have a ten am meeting that I really get a lot out of and until it gets too hot to ride later in the day, I want to attend. Same thing with Sunday. I'm signed up for a class on Joy for the next couple of Sundays, so no rides first thing. Oh well, it will work itself out. These other things are equally important in a balanced life.

On tap for Sunday, in addition to the class on joy, Pebbles has invited me to Dallas to go on the chicken tour. This tour is in her new neighborhood, I think. She's become interested in keeping chickens. I guess you can take the kid out of the country and all that. It should be a fun day. For reasons that I can't quite explain, I slow-roasted a brisket overnight, so I'll be taking over our pre-tour meal.

I'm still reading blogs, but not commenting much these days. It's not you. It's me. Just preserving a bit of energy, I guess. I'll be back to my verbosey-commenty self soon.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't get your feathers ruffled.

-Roxie
141

4 comments:

  1. Some days I comment and some days I don't. I actually had to tell myself, a while back, it was okay not to comment on every post I read every day. Just not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend Roxie!

    I read blogs in my reader, but just can't comment on all of them. It took a while for me to not feel bad about that, but at least I read :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proof you've been fully assimilated into the Texas culture - "slow roasted a brisket for no reason"

    But it's going to be some mighty fine eats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch the wedding, but looked at the pictures later. As for the Princess with the huge hat, all I can say is...It takes guts to wear an octopus to the Royal wedding of the century.

    In a previous life, I had chickens and just loved them, and the eggs they produced. Have fun at the tour!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.