Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Am Beautiful

* This is a series of posts I'm calling my Attagirl Portfolio. Using this poster (available @ www.allposters.com) as my inspiration, I am creating a series of life-enriching (not empowering, heh!) posts. These are to be hauled out and re-read in case of emergency when the only other option appears to be the liberal application of apple fritters directly to my ass.


I Am Beautiful. You know what? I am beautiful. I used to think that "beautiful" was a contest and for someone to win, someone else had to lose. I always viewed myself as one of the losers. I have since decided that beauty, like most everything, is a choice. If I choose to think of myself as beautiful, to treat myself as if I'm beautiful, then I am beautiful. It's not a weight or a haircolor or the lastest thing from Sephora. Beauty is a choice. I choose to be open. I choose to make eye contact. I choose to smile. I choose to be beautiful.

Can I just tell you how much that concert just rocked my socks off? Man, oh man, the guy still has GOT IT! Played for two hours and twenty minutes. Worth every cent. There was no sign of the new squeeze, however. No obvious ones, anyway. Great time! I think my sister really enjoyed it. We sat with some great folks and had a great time.

I am so excited about hitching Cha-Cha up to MalibuKen and going to the country for a ride this morning. Getting out of dodge in about an hour. Woo Hoo! Talia's husband, Emmett, has agreed to pick us up at the end of the trail, so we don't have to do an out-and-back (if she feels up to it). That will be awesome.

Tomorrow, the kids are coming over for a bike ride, followed by birthday lunch and then take in a couple of museums. Should be fun.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Choose to be beautiful.

-Roxie
142.5

4 comments:

  1. A bike ride sounds so wonderful about now! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of us don't have to "choose" to be beautiful... that's just the way God dropped us off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It is so true...beauty is perception...and if you percieve yourself to be beautiful cause God made you...then you have confidence. And nothing is more beautiful than being confident and loving yourself...and Jack.
    Stop bragging...we can't all be as blindingly stunning as you, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. Beautiful you are, inside and out. Isn't it cool when you can see what everyone else has been seeing all along?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.