Friday, April 29, 2011

Little Treasures


What a treasure. Yesterday turned out to be one of the nicest, most fulfilling days. The workshop/seminar that I conducted went off almost hitchless. I was present, engaged and in the moment and I did some really nice work.

I am grateful for the work that has been mine for the last three (OMG!) decades. In a sea of chaos, it has been my stalwart anchor. I'd like to think that I'm doing some of my most creative work these days. I've found with the job, as with many things, what I put into it and how I choose to view the process has such an influence on what comes back to me.

So this part is over. It's time to draw a line in the sand and get back to MY lifestyle which includes clean eating and exercise, something that has been conspicuously absent in this past week. I don't have any real plans for this evening, other than to shop for some more packing supplies. I've got a bike ride on the agenda for Saturday and Sunday, as well as church and a couple of meetings.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Cultivate your treasures.

-Roxie
141.5

5 comments:

  1. So glad you will now get back to
    your regular healthier life!

    So many cool bike trails are all around -
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be able to look back on your career and be glad. :)

    I hear ya about drawing the line in the sand...it's fun to dabble in foods we don't normally eat, but it's also good to know when it's time to stop such dabbling. I'm right with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I too am so grateful for my 30 years in the fire service, and your post reminded me of that.

    Packing! How exciting, especially since you are going to somewhere you know you will love! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear it was a great day, and that you were able to present and take it all in.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.