Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All Decked Out


This is where I sat to do my morning reading, writing and my morning Diet Coke, rather than coffee, as I'd programmed the coffee too early and it was already cold by the time I got around to drinking it. What a lovely way to start out the day. I'm still "doilying" up the place a bit, but it is an enjoyable space, to be sure.

I feel like today is the first day to really return to any sort of a routine in nearly a month and I am grateful for it. Today's plan: yoga at lunch. I can hardly wait. New instructor and she's fabulous.

This evening, I plan to go up to the school for an evening walk about and then work in the garden for a bit. And probably shuffle things around a bit. I'm not completely unpacked, but I am getting ideas about where things will finally end up. So.much.fun.

Sleep still not as I would wish, but it will come. I just need to be extra gentle with myself while I work through this cycle of sleeplessness. Gah.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find some quiet time.

-Roxie
144.5

10 comments:

  1. I'm filled with envy! Love that spot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a spot just like that. So glad you have yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "doilying up the place" - I love your phrases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really lovely - and the rug just makes it seem so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful inviting spot to sip coffee and do morning thoughts and such. Makes me want to do some sprucing up around my homestead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first glance I thought you were going to write that you wanted a place like this to sit in the mornings, not that you HAVE this place already!! It looks like it's right out of a magazine. Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful spot. Very pleasant, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll probably be glad I'm not your neighbor, or I would already be over there with my coffee cup to hang out in your spot!! Soooo lovely and very stylish. So loving the red/white and that outdoor RUG. Right on Roxie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place to relax, slowly wake up and get ready for the day, unwind after a busy day... and everything in between! And so nicely laid out by you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.