Friday, May 20, 2011

Conserving Energy?




I hope that I've just been in hibernation, saving up my energy, because it sure seems I don't have much to go around. And goodness knows I haven't been expending much lately either. My bike hasn't seen the trail in so long I can't even remember. I look forward to having my routine returned. Although I think it may be several more weeks until then.

Looks like Pebbles isn't going to make it over this afternoon - she's got some work things that she can't put off. I'm a bit disappointed, as I always enjoy spending time with her, but I've got some work things that I need to be doing as well. Plus, lots of folks will be out of the office at the golf tournament today so it is just as well. Hey, I could even go to the gym after I pick up the keys! Wouldn't that be novel?

Eating hasn't been clean for the last two days - hasn't been bad, just not clean enough to do any real good. I'll just try to hold on here until my mojo/energy returns and I am magically revitalized. Hey, if you see my unicorn, Glitter, will you please send her back my way? ;-)

Oh, and I got a Pinterest account, but don't appear smart enough to use it.

Here's the design question of the day: My new bed linens are white-on-white. I will be introducing some burlaps/linens/ off-whites along with some ribbon edging to the mix. I couldn't find any bedskirt that I really loved at a price I was willing to pay, so I ended up with a real cheapy from SteinMart. I had the brilliant idea that I want to somehow embellish the bedskirt. I'm thinking maybe some sort of poufs or swags or something subtle using thrifted or garage sale crocheted doilies. Nothing too girly, but I do like the added texture. If I go the crocheted doily route, I could just add them as I found them without always removing the bedskirt, yes? Because who wants to wrestle with a mattress?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Energy: Use it or Lose it.

-Roxie
146.5

Photo: eclecticrevisited

11 comments:

  1. I'll be looking for your unicorn :)

    Sorry--no advice on the decor. If my bed gets made it is a miracle. I like the textured idea though.

    Here's to an energetic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear Friend! You have me hooked on the home decorating blogs. The one with the "home tours" was just awesome. Loved all the homes.

    My mojo/energy/give a shit attitiude really needs a shot in the arm. Hanging on is really all I can do too. It will cycle back around. I am counting on it.

    I wish so bad that I was there to help you move. YOU, I would help move. You have to really like someone to offer to move with them. I can say that as I am safely in AZ....lol. I'm really generous then I am miles away :)

    Get the keys and enjoy your weekend. If I see that unicorn I will let you know. If you see my leprechaun at the end of that rainbow with my pot of gold alert me!!

    Can't wait to see how you make that cottage your own. Living the drean through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember well when we moved my whole "regular" life went down the toilet for around a month I think. It was just too much to try to maintain everything. Soon enough keys will be in hand, move will be done and you and the bike will be hitting the road! In the meantime, do the best you can and it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see no reason you have to remove the skirt to embellish it with the Roxie touch. Plus - you'll get a better sense of how it will look and its drape if you leave it on. I can justify laziness at any time, and actually make it seem wise and intentional!

    Moving is so stressful, even when it's a happy tranisition.

    Thought I heard a piece on the news about a Texas unicorn seen near the Liberty Bell...will alert authorities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to fret - I gots Glitter!
    She's been chomping with me for a while!
    I've got the whole Unicorn Planet up in here!

    She was just lending me some of the Magic...
    Thanks, Roxie!
    Oops - she heard your name and off she went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is Unicorn Lake in Denton. No joke!

    I bought a $9.99 bedskirt for Sam's bed at Steinmart - we probably got the same one, lol! Your linens sound so pretty...I can't wait to see the finished room.

    I know what you mean about wanting to get back to a routine - I've been off so long that I don't even remember what it feels like! Have a great weekend setting up house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, I meant to say that I'm so dumb I have no idea what a pintrest account is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Shelley. She's dumb!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the energy required to focus on design questions can be overwhelming.Adding the crocheted doilies as you found them sounds really interesting and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like something I would do, and no, I wouldn't remove it. You have to see what it is you're working on as it will be; can't do that if it's laying around all spread out. It's a work in progress and you have to treat it like a canvas (that is really what it will be, right?) Love reading about all of these cool ideas of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. B Smith Linen bed skirt. Bed Bath & beyond website. Might work as is. Have fun

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.