Saturday, May 7, 2011

Failure to Launch?


If the fates are with me, I'll be on the Space Coast in time to see the last launch. This just makes me so excited. It's not something that I would have made the trip especially to see, but to have it happening and viewable from our balcony (I think) will be all kinds of awesome. That is, if I'm reading the maps right. Anyway, if at all possible, I'm going to make a special effort to view the last in history. What an opportunity! This is shaping up to be a great trip.

Pebbles and Slater closed on their house yesterday and came to town to take me to an early Mom's-Day/celebratory dinner. We went here and it was spectacular! Slater said it was the best meal he'd ever had. It was just so nice to see them so happy (and scared!). After all the trouble they've had, the said their closing was smooth as silk. It will still be three weeks until they get their keys to move in. Sellers just had a baby this week.

Well, I've got to get going. Florida awaits.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Launch your life.

-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. I so envy you that opportunity! I'm a bit of a space nerd (I loved visiting Houston when I worked in your neck of the woods) and I would love to see something so amazing - not just any launch, but the last chapter in that particular story - I hope to hear lots about it afterwards!
    Have the most amazing trip to launch the rest of your life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the launch! That menu looked divine.

    Have a great Mom's Day and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous opportunity! Enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you, Roxie. Hope you have a wonderful time there and that the weather is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.