Monday, May 30, 2011

The Remains Of The Day


A lovely day is coming to a close. After a fitful night's rest and hitting the snooze about three times (an alarm is practically unheard of - hitting the snooze is a rarity indeed), I made my way to the neighboring county to the trailhead to meet Talia. We headed into a local state, buzzed around there for a while, ditched the bikes and found the rock climbing area. We didn't do is scaling or rappelling, but we did engage in some pretty hairy rock scrambles in and about the rock formations. Just gorgeous! All of this and home by 10:30 am!

Spent the rest of the day puttering around. I was busy, I swear, but I can't for the life of me recall one thing that I accomplished - other than going to the grocery store. The fridge is now stocked with REAL food. First time in weeks!

I am hoping to get a good night's rest tonight. I've been sleep deprived now for several weeks and it's really beginning to take it's toll.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Sleep should be a top priority. Without it, everything else is just tougher than it needs to be.

-Roxie
148

3 comments:

  1. I love those last 2 sentences.
    I need to print em
    frame em
    and put them above my daughters bed.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sleep was deep and McDreamy.

    HAve a good work week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your sleep was deep and McDreamy.

    HAve a good work week.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.