Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rosemary and Roses

This may turn out to be my favorite thing about the new house - just running outside, gathering up a few things and putting together a very simple bouquet of fresh flowers for the table. Today's tableu includes rosemary and roses, surrounded by the tissue paper that encased my housewarming gifts from Talia and her husband. Oh and the term table being used very loosely, as it currently consists of four tv trays pushed together. Proper dining table to follow as soon as it makes itself known.

I did get a few things unpacked this morning - most of the kitchen, actually. Put a few of my things up in the built-ins, although I don't know if it will end up this way. Probably not, but it will do for tonight's gathering (weather permitting).

Plans for lunch include time on the elliptical machine - and perhaps a walk through the neighborhood after the girls leave. We tend not to linger in any one place too long - so I expect I'll have some daylight left. We'll see.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Gather ye rosebuds.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. lovely - but i think white pitchers and pottery - all the same color white would be stunning in your built ins.. the bright colors take up too much attetion when the french door is what your focal point should be.. best to you in your lovely home. patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I really want french doors in my dining room. I am curious about one thing -- these don't seem to have any door handles, though they do have bolts. How do you open them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I like the yellow plates and pitchers, I actually think it's eye catching and artsy looking. All white would seem boring to me. But that's just me. I love that you thought to put 4 TV tray tables together as a temporary table. Very clever.

    I just love your new house. It's just so YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I can just tell that you are going to have so many wonderful times in this house :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to comment on the beautiful tablecloth! So exciting to be on the path of discovering all the reasons this house finally made itself known to you. And I bet the bouquet of R&R smells lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty. Love the smell of rosemary. Even a brush of the hand releases so many delightful smells that it fills the room.

    Congratulations on the new place! I'm so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you have done so far is charming. I can't wait until you get a real table and can really go to town.

    I'm totally jealous of the sunshine I see through the french doors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and such a calming calming room.

    To my misfit eyes anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tablecloth looks like something I'd have picked out; and that lovely view of the yard - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.