Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Post

I'm sitting at my apartment with MalibuKen safely parked in the garage having just sat through the tornado sirens. Pebbles, Slater and GrandBeast just got the all clear beep in Dallas. There was rotation very near their home (old).

I'm getting ready to head home.

Spent time at yoga practice today. First time in ages. It was wonderful.

Had dinner earlier this evening with Talia and her husband at a great Thai place. Yummy!

I'm having the GNO group over to the house tomorrow. They've been advised to bring their own dishes, chairs and snacks and beverage of their choice. All I'm providing is the back yard.

Pebbles gets the keys to her new home tomorrow and unfortunately, she is very sick. Went to the doctor yesterday - has double ear and sinus infection.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take shelter when advised.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. Roxie, I'm so proud of you for putting yourself out there and entertaining more, having meals out with other people, etc. You've really begun to shine in this department. So proud of you. I'm not quite there, yet. Still in the mindset of 'making myself' be social on many occasions. Still, a great habit to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great back yard party. Thanks so much for your comment today. I really appreciated it.

    Too bad about Pebbles. Are you three their moving crew as well?

    Glad everyone is safe. Mother nature is really reminding everyone who really is in charge. All clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son called me, very glad he sprang for the garage parking space as the sirens were going off and golf ball sized hail was falling. Y'all are getting some scary, nasty weather up there! Not good.

    The GNO sounds fun and memorable. Nice way to break in your new place!

    Hope Pebbles bounces right back from her illness - I'm sure she's chomping at the bit to get all moved into their new house.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it through the weather scare. Sad to see what happened northeast of you. I'd rather have a foot of snow than have to suffer a tornado.

    GNO sounds like a blast! You could even put them to work a bit, shuffling boxes around or mining for decorating ideas (that might be offered freely anyhow). Just kick back & enjoy the gals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel bad for all folks living with sirens. unless the siren is sexy. Somehow I doubt that's the case with the terrible tornadoey weather. I've been watching the news and it's scarylarry out therey.
    Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.