Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blinded By The Light


So yesterday afternoon was my dentist appointment. With the dentist for whom my sister works. Guess what I did before the appointment? Checked for strays. Know how I have to check for strays?

Picture the Evil Queen from Snow White - sitting at her new/old vanity looking into a lighted, magnifying mirror, wearing her glasses, with a mag lite in one hand and a pair of tweezermans in the other. That's a helluva lotta light and magnification. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, especially when faced with the dentist light and HIS magnifier.

The good news is I had the best report ever on my dental health. All of this work and money and floss is paying off. One more graft and I'll be done!

Went for another run this morning. Short and slow. And then waited for the cable guy to give me back my internet access and streaming Netflix. Done.

Did not get the full night's sleep last night - thunderboomers woke me up in the night, but didn't bring very much rain. Only enough to spot up MalibuKen.

Tonight's plan includes yardwork (which means windsprints to dodge the sprinklers) and reading.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Take a good look in the mirror.

-Roxie
143

(SIDEBAR: I so hate blogger these days. It takes two or three or four attempts to do anything!!!)

5 comments:

  1. LOL because I so hate Wordpress these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on the lookout for a 10X mirror - does that tell you anything about where I am in life? LOL

    Congrats on the good dental checkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG on that magnifying mirror stuff.
    Nothing like bending over one of them and letting your face flow.
    Of course you're younger than me so you wouldn't have the exact same issues but you probably get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. Blogger stinks lately. I haven't been able to access my dashboard in more than a month. I moved to WordPress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once lived in an apartment that was right next to a very tall glass skyscraper. Every afternoon, the sun would reflect off the mirrored glass of the tall building (Dallas has alot of those) and light up the apartment like a spotlight!
    Every one would come over for facials and tweezing parties! The light was just too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.