Sunday, June 12, 2011

Feeling Groovy


Hello Rut Groove, I've missed you. I've long said that three days can make such a difference in "feelings". In three days, I can return to healthful living and the optimism and energy level that usually accompanies such great self-care. I think this is probably day three and I'm loving it.

Great ride with Talia yesterday, lovely visit and a great lunch out. Another Groupon bites the dust! She came into town this time and we did some "urban riding". Great fun. Later, I went to the library, checked out a few books and last night I read a book. All.of.it. It's been so long since I had the attention span to do that. Seriously. It wasn't great literature, but it was just grand to curl up and read. Welcome back, Roxie. Where the hell have you been?

Took Cha-Cha out for another spin this morning. Just a short ride, as my back was bothering me and rather than getting better, it seemed to get a bit worse, so I just came home. Got lots on my agenda today, including buying my first gas grill. I'm returning the microwave that I bought the other day and I got a gift card from work as a gift for participating in the wellness program. Between those two things, I think the portable Q grill will be mine. Grilled salmon, anyone?

Had an interesting conversation with Talia re: body image and cosmetic surgery. One just never knows how other people feel about certain things. What looks perfectly fine to one person can seem almost unbearable to someone else. No judgments here on Talia's or anyone else's feelings - getting this stuff out and talking about it is a good thing, I think. Again, let me say how grateful I am to have enough recovery that the recent break-up hasn't sent me into the "if onlys" - if only I was X or Y or Z. Having or being XY or Z doesn't change a thing. I'm happy to say that I'm pretty happy with me, just as I am. That has not always been the case with me, especially after facing some rejection.

Rest of the day looks to be great, as well. Some errands, followed by some at-home beautification (mani/pedi). The kids did not make an appearance yesterday, so it's possible they might this evening. If so, salmon for everyone!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. In this moment, things are perfect.

-Roxie
144.5

6 comments:

  1. Love the post title and the thinking behind it. I feel the same way... momentum builds:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you maintaining a new lifestyle for yourself. If you're looking for some like-minded entertainment, I'd suggest Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. The show focuses more on personal strength and maintaining health, rather than just rapid weight loss. It airs Monday nights on ABC at 10pm/9c, or you can watch it at http://abc.go.com/shows/extreme-makeover-weight-loss-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find you are either in one rut or another...the rut to healthy or the rut to fatsville...sure, the rut to fatsville is tastier...but it's a big pile of crap when you get there. Glad you are back in the health rut. As for cosmetic surgery. It's expensive and temporary. Not really worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im slowly refinding and redigging my new groove too.
    it's all How MizFit Got Her Groove back upinherre these days...

    so far anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be in a rut of any kind right now so I completely understand the feelings here.

    If I had money to burn, I would so do a little nip and tuck. For myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so true what 3 good days can do for a persons mental state. Yea, the whole plastic surgery thing is a tough one and definitely a personal thing.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.