Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reading Between The Lines


It's been a productive week. I haven't been particularly verbose here, but I have written a great deal. It's proven to be very enlightening. More is being revealed, as they say, and it with the knowledge comes either acceptance or action. Either way, it's all good.

Body hasn't wanted to cooperate this week at all. That always makes everything a level more difficult, but things are getting better and will continue to do so.

I've had a yearly dose of live performance over the last couple of weeks - from fully pro, to semi-pro, to community theatre, it was all good and fun. Last night's performance was great fun. I'd never attended one of their shows - they perform outdoors and so the shows don't start until 9pm - and they are out in the country a ways - I will certainly go again. What a fun way to spend a summer evening in Texas! I went with a group of friends - two of whom were celebrating birthdays, complete with crazy hats - again, it was grand.

Already in from the bike ride this morning. It was nice. I think I'll take a walk over to the gardens in a bit, before it gets too hot. I've got some errands to run and some chores to perform, but I'm getting strange pleasure out of the simplest, most mundane of tasks, as long as I perform them deliberately. Sort of a working meditation, I suppose.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Silence can be golden.

-Roxie

PS - saw this on a tote bag and it makes me laugh! Love it - not that I need another tote bag. My goal for the week? Smile before even getting out of bed. Sets the tone for the day.

3 comments:

  1. I love the tote bag and I LOVE the idea of determining to smile before rising each morning. Sounds like a good plan. And evening outdoor theater sounds like a piece of heaven. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show looks like a lot of fun. I saw some pics of you wearing crazy hats on FB. Not from last night, but it looked like fun.

    I know what you mean about taking pleasure in simple things. The bag made me smile, so did this post.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.