Monday, July 11, 2011

Forever Plaid


I'm home. It was a wonderful, relaxing trip. I saw a great many sights and enjoyed all of them. I read three books. I learned a great deal about a part of North America that I knew very little about. In addition to Nova Scotia, we snuck in some New Brunswick, too. And on Friday night, I got to hear a bunch of bagpipes, as we attended the 1ongest running Highland Games outside of Scotland (148 years, I'm told). I am decidedly in the bagpipe camp. And that was even before one in this trio began to flirt with me! (so I had to be told).

There will be more pictures and more stories, but let me just say that this is what vacations are supposed to be. Apologizing to Pebbles yesterday for my lack of communication, she said "No worries, Mom. I knew you must be having a great time - you weren't calling to vent!" And she's right, the three of us got along very well - I never turned on the iPod one time.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Travel.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun! Can't wait to hear more...as I said before, I love Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unplugging is the definition of vacation for me. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear (and see) all about it. One of our best family vacations ever was to Nova Scotia - took the Scotia Prince over from Portland, Maine and the Flying Cat back into Bar Harbor. What a glorious place, and fantastic seafood! Welcome home - you were missed here in the halls of blogdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right.

    Travel opens your eyes, heart and mind to 'other'. You learn, see, do and experience so much. And you also appreciate what you have to come back to.

    Glad you had a wonderful trip; much of that is due to your positive attitude and willing approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back - so glad you had a great trip!
    I visited Nova Scotia & New Brunswick on a cruise years ago and fell in love, its so beautiful and has such an amazing atmosphere. Definitely the place to go to rest and relax after a hard few months. Looking forward to the pictures and the stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back - sounds like you had a great time, which is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time. Sometimes the vacation is more exhausting then relaxing. Glad that wasn't your case. Anxious to see and hear all about it.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to have you home.
    SO glad you loved your trip :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.