Friday, July 1, 2011

One Fat Lady


I don't know if I can make it work with everyone's schedule, but I am going to do my damndest to take this tour in Halifax. Doesn't it look like a total scream? It probably won't be possible given the short notice (I just found it) and I'm sure the weekends are pretty busy, but I will give it a shot - if it works with my companion's schedule. Perhaps I'll opt out of dinner or somesuch - in any event, if I manage to do this, I'll get pictures! Woo Hoo! I'm so excited about it all.

Talia and her husband (what the hell did I name him? My word association synapse is failing me this morning) will be by to pick me up tomorrow morning to head out for our adventure in cool.

This will be the first time I've ever traveled without being the one with the travel folder, the plan AND the (self-imposed) responsibility to make sure everyone is happy. We shall see how much I like not being in control. hmmm.

I'm packed, got the iPOD loaded (I had decided to go with Meg's recommendation on Beck's Finding your Own North Star but it was not available in audibook format) with Cammy's suggestion of Beck's The Joy Diet. Plus some Wait, Wait podcasts, as well as The Splendid Table. So I should be good to go. Since we are so mobile this trip - hopscotching over the province, we are all packing light - a carry-on. I think I've got it mostly covered and there will be stores in case I don't.

Food has been very good this week, but my body is refusing to cooperate. Sleep has been less-than-stellar, but again, that will change. This, too, shall pass, as they say.

Results for June: C-. I did pretty good about being "present", but I didn't fare as well with the exercise. I logged my food for 26 days and I exercised on 17 days. Ah, well, onward.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Play nice while I'm gone.

Loving this link: TED

-Roxie
143.5

9 comments:

  1. That does look like fun. Hope you can get a sideways seat.

    Download the last This American Life. Act 2 is so dang funny. The Beck book would have been good. Too bad no audio.

    Enjoy and stay warm. Let go. I am sure you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip will be a great time to practice "being in the moment". Make sure to wave as you fly past Lake Ontario - I'll be watching. Weather is clear as can be here today, your 35,000 foot views ought to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun Roxie and YES, YES, YES! Definitely make that tour fit in if in any way possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Halifax and Nova Scotia!! I hope you get to take that tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a safe journey and one *awesome* ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a blast and do get to take that tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I do hope you can make that tour. Do they give you German goggles to wear? lol
    Pics, pics, pics if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just loaded The Joy Diet on my kindle and started reading it. have fun. be present.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so hope you get to take the tour! What a blast!

    Have an awesome time girl :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.