Thursday, August 25, 2011

How Could It Be Thursday?


This week has flown by in a blur! It's been a good, but hectic week. I wrote that I was having lunch with Valerie last weekend. What I didn't say is that she has a very limited palate. Mexican food, of either the fast food variety or the restaurant variety, is pretty much it. For me, Mexican restaurants are one of the hardest places for a non-carby person to go. I have figured out the coffee trick and that works pretty well to keep the chips at bay and if I don't have that first one, I'm good to go. The second trick I just discovered last weekend was ceviche salad. Luckily for me, her first restaurant choice was closed and so I made a second suggestion, figuring I could always get a grilled chicken fajita salad or somesuch. But I chose a restaurant she'd never been to and I found the ceviche salad on the menu. And boy was it yummy! Great, great choice for me. Now, I'm going to suggest that restaurant for all our outings, at least during the warm months, as we can both be really happy with it.

Food has been good, exercise has been good. Today I'm participating in a special televised (locally) event to support breast cancer research. I've went to the dance class to learn the moves - I've got one more practice today, followed by two hours of filming. In.This.Afternoon.Heat. If I don't return, it's been nice knowing you!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get yourself a nice piece of fish.

-Roxie
138.5

5 comments:

  1. I've never been at one with ceviche. I usually get fajitas. One local place has low-carb whole wheat tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be the oddball here, but I don't even know what ceviche salad is (thank goodness I had Karen's post right there to help me spell it!) lol

    And the dancing? How cool! You're not participating in a flash mob are you? Do we get a link to the routine??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't know what ceviche salad is. We must not have them in Minnesota. Mexican is also a hard one for me, because it's difficult to get just whole foods, as most of the dishes are in combination form. I do love Mexican however. That's why they're so dangerous--especially the chips and salsa/guacamole they bring before the main entree. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to post a link to the TV spot, right? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love love ceviche salads.
    and am hungry now
    and am kindasorta in show now that it's already friday :)

    #thatisall

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.