Monday, August 15, 2011

Rolling Meditation



Great, great weekend. The party Saturday night was a ton of fun - lots and lots of stories and laughter. The very best kind of party. Way, way too much food. Next time when I do a potluck for this group, I'll say get with a couple of other attendees and bring one thing. I hate to see so much go to waste.

Sunday morning I got up and went for a twenty miler. I hadn't ridden in a while - with the break in the weather it was nice to get out. This heat has just been unrelenting and really did a number on my motivation. I actually got out and rode a bit this morning, which was nice. I won't be able to get much exercise at anytime this week other than in the morning, so I'm going to try to take advantage of it.

This week promises to be a full week, as I'm taking tomorrow off from work to go on my jet-ski adventure. Since signing up for this deal, I've had some second thoughts - as in "What happens if I fall off of this beast? How will I be able to crawl back on a bobbing, weaving thing?" I guess I will figure all of that out tomorrow, won't I?

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Get Rolling.

-Roxie

5 comments:

  1. 20 miles! Holy Cow! I am impressed. The heat can take the motivation right out of you. I can't wait for summer to be over.

    Anxious to here how it goes tomorrow. You're a brave one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on my bike pretty much all summer thanks to the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just coming here to say the same thing Dana said - you ARE brave to try the jet ski! I'm sure you'll have a blast - I've never had the nerve to try one, so I'll be interested in hearing how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved my jet ski adventure and am looking forward to reliving it through your recounting! Don't forget one single moment!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.