Monday, August 29, 2011
Here's what's making me smile today:
1. Hearing Jimmie Dale Gilmore calling to me this morning when I went into the garden.
2. My new jeans - dark rinsed, trouser style.
3. Talking to Strangers - I was having sushi at a crowded restaurant and invited a couple to join me, as all other seating options were full. We had a nice conversation and it's wasn't nearly as weird or uncomfortable as it sounds.
4. My amazing house and her fabulous electric bill - second month running!
5. Practicing loving-kindness meditations.
6. Running into the President of my company at the carwash and speaking to him. (No longer pretending I'm invisible is HUGE for me).
7. Being the "Fruit Fairy".
8. Sushi - even though the soy sauce gave me a sodium bounce today.
9. FInishing The Help - cried some, actually. Now to see the movie
10. Anticipating Fannie Flagg's new book.
11. Dinner invitation with friends this evening.
What's bringing your smile today?
Food has been good. Exercise could be better, but I've been busy doing yardwork/chores, so I'm counting it.
Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Look for reasons to smile.