Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Wild Brunch


It will be a tough weekend to stay on program. I only earned a fiver today, as I didn't exercise. I don't consider it a problem, as Friday is traditionally my rest day. Tomorrow, however, I need to get up and get cracking! I've got to get on the bike early-early to get home and cleaned up and to a meeting at 10am. Then Mom and my sister are coming over and we are traveling to Dallas, as Pebbles and Slater have invited us all over for brunch. Should be fun - if Pebbles and her Grandmother don't get sideways. But that's their deal. I know longer have a whistle and striped shirt.

The on Sunday, Talia and Elmore are coming over and I'm fixing them brunch. They are both following a lower-carb lifestyle these days, so that will be an easy fix. I'm doing an egg striata to be served with herb and cheese stuffed portabella. He's a vegetarian. Plus some fresh berries. Simple, easy and hopefully good. I've spent this evening setting the "table". I still don't have a dining room table, but did buy a folding table from Lowe's, so I've dolled that up. House is clean; menu is set; I think I'm good to go.

Next Saturday night I'm hosting a potluck for some friends. I'm expecting ten to fifteen guests. I don't know how I'm going to seat them all, but I'll worry about that next week.

Ever since I got the blu-ray DVR thingy that streams Netflix, I'd been blowing right past the Pandora option. Tonight I wondered if that really worked. Oh, baby, does it ever. I'm grooving out to the Steely Dan station and it is fourteen kinds of awesome! Don't know why I've not checked this out before now. And it just got better - Southern Cross by Crosby, Stills and Nash just came on. Top five favorite song of mine.

I do hope to get in some of my incentive fund shopping this weekend.

List includes:

terrycloth romper/dress
strapless bra
purse

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Invite people over.

-Roxie

2 comments:

  1. and?
    how did the weekend go?

    and more than anything did you enjoy the process of it?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your brunch went well. And Pandora - isn't it the BEST thing, ever? I listen to it all of the time (they even have an ipod app). Southern Cross gets my vote as one of the greatest songs of all time :) Suite Judy Blue Eyes sung acoustically still gives me goosebumps, though.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.