Thursday, September 8, 2011

Channeling Laura Petrie


I'm feeling very MTM-like today. I'm sporting dress capris and flippy hair. The hair is flippy because it's too damned long and I can't get an appointment until next Tuesday. Then, of course, I'll be lamenting that it's too damned short.

Until I got a sweet email from Dana (it's her birthday - go wish her well!)this morning asking me of my whereabouts, I didn't realize I hadn't updated in a week.

So here's the news in a nutshell:

Visit with cousins went well.
I bought a compost tumbler.
I spent approximately six hours putting it together.
I am very proud of this accomplishment.
I spoke with Bick for the first time in almost six months. So mostly, I've been processing that - as Pebbles and Slater are going to get the remainder of my belongings on Saturday.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Things change.

-Roxie
137.5

9 comments:

  1. I wondered what happened to you. I was starting to get worried. Glad to hear you've just been keeping busy.

    I bet you're cute as a button as Laura Petrie. I recently watched every episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Love her flip and "pedal pushers".

    Congratulations on assembling your compost tumbler. That's a great accomplishment. (like how I can use big words now...I have partial use of my left hand which is amazing!).

    Take care and please get back to your regular daily updates. They make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long, short, up down, back, forth...
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Whatever THAT means!
    Hope you are doing well... you always have a kind word for BlogWorld people - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you checked in! I loved MTM as Laura Petrie - bet you look fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing well. I wish we had room for a compost tumbler. I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you posted. Anxious to what you process about Bick, if your willing to share. It must have been hard. Interesting that the kids are going and not you....just saying.

    I'll bet you look adorable. My hair is getting too long too. Time to make that appointment.

    Your posts on FB about the tumbler made me smile. I would breaking my arm patting myself on the back over getting that thing put together.

    Thanks for Bday shout out. I have really missed you.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're doing well: you've been busy with a wide array of activities there! Write on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much do I love I knew immediately what you looked like too.
    those young whippersnappers dont know what they're missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Success with a mechanical task!! Way to go. I'll be interested in how well your composter works. We crank out 6 - 8 large wheelbarrow loads of trimmings in an average summer - I'd love to make some decent soil with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got a compost tumbler back in the spring. It's been great! Love to compost all the stuff from the kitchen especially -- like coffee grounds, egg shells, banana peels etc. Took a while for it to be warm enough to start cooking because our spring was so cool this year but it eventually took off. Happy composting, Roxie. (:

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.