Friday, September 9, 2011

I am Feisty


The definition of feisty is full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky; or ill-tempered; pugnacious. I used to think of myself as feisty, but I prefer to let that go and define myself by less agitating/negative energy words. I'm working towards being much more easygoing and zen-like. I'll leave the pugnacious to others.

Things that made me smile today:

1. There was this young teenager driving a Suburban around the parking lot of a grocery store. In the passenger seat, but hanging out the window, was a big black lab. Both had a smile on their face. It was just fun to see.

2. The break in the weather has me outside a bit and enjoying it. I've finally got to get back out into my garden and work around without feeling like I was walking into a blast furnace.

3. Again with the Jimmie Dale Gilmore love. She's always available for an early morning coffee and a chat. Yes, I speak aloud to the cat and she vocalizes right back in that nasal twang of hers.

Plans for the weekend include going to a progressive art exhibition on Saturday night. Sunday involves me joining Pebbles to see Slater compete in his first mtnbk competition. Well, we won't actually see much of the competition, but we will get to be outside in what should be a lovely morning, weatherwise.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. There is all kinds of energy - choose wisely.

-Roxie
137.5

7 comments:

  1. Totally loving the new found cooler weather too Roxie. I walked outside in the middle of the afternoon yesterday and it was beautiful. Wish i could bottle that weather and make a fortune!

    I talk to Jinx too and he answers right back. LOL!Conversations over coffee with your cat could life get any better?? LOL! hugs deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a bit off-topic, but you describing yourself as not feisty anymore (although, I think you are still a bit feisty - in a good way) - reminds me of when my brother called my sister the "sassiest" woman he'd ever met.

    We were in the hospital and our mother had been in a coma for four days. She wasn't on any life support, only morphine for pain. This included no IV nutrition. This was all in her living will, and my sister had power of attorney.

    My brother, desperate to keep our mother alive, demanded she be given food thru an IV. My sister stood firm. Our mom was 86, the doctor had no idea what she was dying from, but she was dying. We knew our mother's wishes, as we had discussed it at length, and it was clearly stated in her living will. To let her go peacefully when the time came, no life support.

    In a fit of rage, my brother looked at my sister and said, "You're the...sassiest woman I've ever met!" and stomped out of the room. My sister and I looked at each other and cracked up. We knew he wanted to call her a bitch, but wouldn't dare say such a thing in front of us or our mother (even if she was in a coma).

    He came back and apologized, but it's one of those stories we tell over and over, and we all crack up about it every time.

    Truth is...my sister is pretty sassy...but in a good way. :)

    Long comment, but I can type with both hands. I'm so happy!!!

    Have a great weekend "Roxie". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday Race? It will be my son The Architect's first mountain bike race, too, and it promises to be a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There is all kinds of energy - choose wisely."

    Whew, I like this. The energy you put out also attracts the same energy to you. A little feisty goes a long way.

    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish it would cool off here. I got my car washed so that means rain. It's kind of cloudy.

    I can just picture the lab hanging out the window, smiling. Sounds like you have nice plans for the weekend.

    Feisty isn't bad. I would consider myself feisty. Plucky is good too. In fact I like that word more then feisty.

    I liked Lee's comment! It's all about energy and what kind I attract.

    Enjoy the weekend and your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you took some time out to smell the roses today. So important. Have a great weekend, Roxie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imworking toward the easy going and zen like this week
    I HAVE PROMISED MYSELF AT LEAST ONE DAY OF HOT YOGA

    wait

    I yelled that

    Methinks I have a long way to go till zen :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.