Saturday, December 31, 2011

Introducing Inez


Let me introduce Inez. She was a present from Santa (if Santa signs her checks Roxie Stone) ;-).
I've had her for two weeks today and have been riding pretty steadily - albeit short rides. My plan was to ride with Slater yesterday, but my day didn't go exactly as planned - Anne H had to work and while and it was supposed to be a spa day, but my interior designer decided it was a "work" day, so we went shopping instead.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked her what she thought about me turning the living room into a dining room, as it is the coldest room in the house and as the dining room, wouldn't be used as often. The plan had always been to turn the second large bedroom into a den, but really, I'd rather have a dining room than two living areas. And yes, I already have a dining room, but I like to keep it devoid of furniture, as it really is the visual showpiece of the house. All of this started because I just wanted to run by and return some Christmas gifts that didn't work. So while I was standing in line to return clothes, she went to look at area rugs. Her pitch? Take that gift card, throw in $50 bucks and you've got something substantial to show for it. And that's what started it all. I bought an area rug for the new living room, (actually two, as the designer wants to see them both in the space with the light, and then we'll choose) a console/buffet thingy for the new dining room and a piece of art (a wooden horse) that I am just smitten with. It all arrives later this afternoon, along with the moving/design crew (Pebbles and Slater) to rearrange everything. Bonus is that I am able to use my old harvest table (that was too big for the real dining room but will work just fine in the new dining room) that I just painted and all my chairs - so this solution came out to be cheaper and more functional than what we had in mind at first. It will be a little weird to walk in to the dining room, but hey, the space is better optimized. Plus, if I don't like it, well, I'll probably have to hire some help to return everything to it's original spot. The new stuff could work just as well in the living room, so no big loss.

Phone-A-Friend tally: 1.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Be flexible.

-Roxie

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pics. What would we do without our daughters and son-in-laws?! I rely heavily on mine for lots of different things.

    Love the bike. That Santa, he always knows what we want. You must have very nice, and just naughty enough :)

    my word verification is blogie, just thought it was funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds great! You'll have to share some pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice wheels, Roxie! My hubby has a Specialized

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see photos of your dining/living room with the new items in place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inez is pretty! And like everyone else, looking forward to pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that is one sweet bike! Here's to many fun rides with her!

    So bizarre, we were returning a throw at Ikea on Friday night and randomly picked out chairs for our family room...and now we have an entire redecorating plan - how did that happen??? Must have been in the North Texas air, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry I missed you! My hours change totally from day to day... Next time for sure!
    Love Inez!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.