Thursday, December 29, 2011

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head


Okay, so do you remember that scene in the movie "Oh, God" when it was raining INSIDE John Denver's car? Yea, well, that was my morning yesterday. Turns out that having your car detailed, including shampooing everything AND leaving the car parked outside on a cold, frosty night will create a private little weather system right there in my very own Malibuken.

Of course, it freaked me right out when it started happening. And I got to see my reactive, fear-based self at full-throttle. First, I decided that the detail people had somehow broken the seal on my windshield. Secondly, they would never, ever acknowledge that they had done so. Thirdly, I would probably either cry or have a wall-eyed fit when trying to confront them and get them to make this right. Fourthly, I was going to have to seek out legal action against them. Ad nauseum.

So I took the car back to the place and did manage to calmly ask for the manager, who remembered the car from yesterday AND remembered that he hadn't been the one to turn to keys back to me and to tell me to "Keep the windows cracked so that the moisture from the shampoo job can dissipate". He also said they would fix it right up - extract more moisture, redo the water streaked dash, give me another free detail AND write up an action report so that if I ever had any more problems, that we both would have a record of what had happened. Holy Shit.

I did have to leave the car there, so it did nix my plans to go "Ride The Rock" again in Dallas, but I managed to get in a ride domestically (and I remembered to remove my helmet when finished). All in all, a pretty good day - with some lessons learned for me - that I cannot see and predict the future, that sometimes things turn out perfectly, and that if I can get my attitude right, my chances for a good outcome increases exponentially.

Phone-A-Friend Results: 1 planned call and 2 that developed "organically" throughout the day for a total of 3!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way. And they are me.

-Roxie

3 comments:

  1. Love it when things work out like that.
    Rain to Pain to Gain...
    Every time I drive across a somewhat flooded street, I think of you! You out there, helping to push that lady's car.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when businesses do more than we expect and without any drama. Note to Kim... get off my duff and go for my bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes people can turn out to be human beings. Always a surprise, when that happens. A pleasant surprise. Plus it makes me want to pay it forward.

    I need to get on that bike myself.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.