Monday, January 16, 2012

Dining Room ReBoot


The Collage Options

I've done nothing other than lay them out on a 6'X4' grid on the sun room floor. I have no particular love for any one piece - it's just stuff gathered up. Empty frames that I put pretty paper in, etc. I was thinking about displaying some travel post cards in the white shadow box thingies. I do think there needs to be more round shapes, as the rest of the room is pretty wooden, square/rectangular and leggy. Since it is a dining room, I might introduce some plates - I have some interesting pewter plates that might mix in pretty nicely. I'll try to get a picture of those. It is worth noting that I'm not a huge fan of symmetry. That's too formal a look for such a funked-out space.


The Blank Wall - Six and A Half Feet of Fun


Dining Room - Where the West Begins


There's Got To Be A Pony In There Somewhere

Okay, HGTVers, give me some ideas for the collage.

5 comments:

  1. I don't watch HGTV, but Ohhh I love these kind of projects!!! If you are not into symmetry, what about tilting some of the frames or the Laugh sign?

    I love the pony - are those wine corks? :0)

    What a beautiful home, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be LAUGH in the middle and work around it. I like seeing pictures of your place - looks really cute.

    P.S. Did you ride - winds and all? We had an unusually warm day and I was going to ride, but 20 mph winds are too much for me. I did enjoy a 5 mile walk in shorts and a t-shirt (unbelievable).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute - love the "done" areas!

    My thoughts on the collage - only put up what you really LOVE. If you're meh on some of it, don't use it...your eye will be distracted by that piece every time you look at the wall.

    That said, I love the Laugh sign, the flower, the mirror, and I like the idea of mixing in some pewter plates, and I think the travel postcards (maybe with some 3D things?) would be great, too. Use a couple of the smaller framed pieces but not all of them - I agree with you on the symmetry.

    Love seeing your decor - you have a nice eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style and colors! Thanks for the look-see. I bet the plates will be perfect. I have a long way to go to get my place looking as cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no stylesense just know what I like when I see it :)

    I like
    I like.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.