Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Don't Take It Personal(ly)



And don't make it personal, either. Man, the FGOs (something Grow Opportunities) just keep on coming. Work is a stressful mess this week. Part of that stress was caused by another person in another department and I was under the gun to get something out and I found myself ready to "pull the trigger". Ready to make this personal, ready to be punishing, luckily something was said to me that gave me just enough pause to rethink the action that I was getting ready to take. And seriously, yes, she did screw up, but it was not MY place to tell her about it, make her feel bad, condemn her, etc. It was not done to me or on me, it was just done and I shouldn't take it personal(ly) and I shouldn't make it personal, either. Damnit. That was a tough pill to swallow (and speaking of tough pills to swallow, I returning those damned horsepills to the Costco).

And because of the awareness of the above situation, I had this in mind when I responded to a FOO member and I was able to avoid getting hooked in and to engage in nonsense. And for that, I'm grateful, as later in the day, some not great medical news came down involving the FOO.

The mindfulness, the savoring of time and experiences is going okay. I find myself catching myself more and more often and returning to be in the "here and now" and not spinning off into the future somewhere.

Phone-A-Friend Score: 2

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Recognize the truth when you see it.

-Roxie
144

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I like the four agreements, good reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.