Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Flying High


I hope your first day of The Year Of The Dragon was awesome!

Picture is from my birthday weekend back in the fall. Through a series of unfortunate events (Slater's kidney stones) I ended up taking his flying lesson. It was pretty awesome.

Decent enough day yesterday, other than the ouch factor. I'll be taking it easy for a day or so. I was just hopping off the bike (via the back - and forgot that I'd moved the seat way forward). I won't be doing that again any time soon.

My Saturday classes are great fun and they are enlightening - oh, did I say that I ran into my impr0v instructor at the Buddhist temple? He's pretty zen. He considers c0medy to be his philosophy. There was one thing last week that was SO difficult for me - and so unexpected - we had to SING! Just step out on stage and start belting out a song without accompaniment until someone from the troupe "rescues" you by stepping out, touching your shoulder and begins singing themselves. I so cannot sing - and thinking of what to sing was almost as hard as the singing - but the real skill to be learned was to rescue our fellows. I'm also learning that I need to slow down and not try to get so many words out so quickly - that I need to just slow it down - certainly a metaphor for my life right now. I'm getting the mindfulness message all over the place!

Phone-A-Friend Challenge: 1

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Soar.

-Roxie
144

3 comments:

  1. That improv class sounds like quite the experience! I'd bet you'll look back on it and be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always need that reminder to sssllllooowww down and breath. :0) Thank you for reaching out, I truly enjoyed that today. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an adventurous lady! The singing thing would certainly intimidate me--who can't sing at all! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.