Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Light A Single Candle


Light A Single Candle was the name of a book I read in sixth grade, I think. I don't recall what it was about specifically, but I think it involved a blind girl. Just popped into my head when searching for a way to symbolize a memorial service in the picture. Later today I will be attending a funeral for the son of a friend. Every parents' nightmare. It's the second of these within the last couple of years for colleagues' children.

I went to my first ever bike club meeting. I think I skewed the average age downward - I suspect that the younger crowd was home watching the football game. It was interesting. The talk was on bike fit. I learned a great deal about bike geometry. I'm now hoping that Inez isn't too aggressively styled for me! She leans a bit towards the racy side, rather than being all endurance. While I'd read and done some research, I found nothing that was as concise as the way things were explained tonight. Seems like a good group.

I've about convinced myself to hit the spin class a couple of times a week. I need to shake things up a bit. After years of being pretty faithful in getting to the gym, I've just gotten out of the groove and it's so hard to get it back. I understand that exercise is vital to my health and well-being and I've suffered because of my lack of motivation. I am a morning person - my energy level is at it's peak when I wake up - so I'll give this a go. I have the option of going five days a week, but I want to be realistic and not set myself up for failure.

Phone-A-Friend Scoreboard: Two Strikes

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Show support.

-Roxie
146

3 comments:

  1. we are so alike in the morning thing.
    Im off.
    are you?
    oh I mean and running LOL not off the track again :-)


    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a morning person too. However, I think I use that as an excuse to not do anything after noon...lol

    I just can't imagine loosing a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to get back to it! I went last week, yoga, for the first time in so long I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.