Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Return to the Real World


My holiday break is over and I return to work today. I do believe this is the best break I've ever had. I practiced mindful self-care the entire break and Mother Nature was an absolute blessing - the best weather that I can recall. The unseasonable weather allowed me to get outside and work in the yard, or walk, or ride most every day. I didn't create for myself some monster to-do list that couldn't possibly get completed. I did a few things every day. I sort of took my life in 15 minute increments. If it was a task that I didn't want to do, I only had to do it for 15 minutes, then I could stop. I got a lot done with that strategy and felt good about the process.

Work has the potential to be a real stress-machine and I hope that I can deal with that as it comes - and not anticipate trouble before trouble actually arrives.

Phone-A-Friend Scorecard: 1

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Practice extreme self-care.

-Roxie

3 comments:

  1. I use the 15 minute increment strategy all the time. More often than not, I get the task accomplished all the way to the end.

    Back to reality here too... except for the daydreaming of winning the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a wonderful break. Sometimes it's good to get back on schedule, depending on what you're going back to. In any case, take good care of yourself. I like your 15 minute increments. Breaking tasks up into 15 minute increments can create a lot of possibilities. You're a smart lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use that too... and it works!!!
    Not such a whippin' that way...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.