Thursday, January 19, 2012

Running Out Of Options


Option Four


Option Five


I am running out of options. And I don't love any of them. It may be that this idea just doesn't work for me. It's a little too "homespun". There's no edge, no modernity, nothing about the pieces that reflect me. So, the wall may just have to be bare for a while. Or I may move pieces that I do love to that space - although the scale is wrong for that, too. Won't know until I try that one. Hmmm.

Phone-A-Friend: 0. I flat forgot yesterday. I was teaching myself a new graphic display/collaborative tool to create dashboards and I got all hung up in that - and honestly, didn't think about the challenge until bedtime. I suppose I could have called the west coast, but I decided to just read a bit to wind down and call it a night. Sleep has been fitful, as night sweats have attacked again with a vengeance. I am moving back towards my "clean eating" norm and I read somewhere a while ago about lower carb/metabolism/sleep/night sweats, but I don't seem to have it bookmarked. It was some sort of medical research/study that confirmed my anecdotal experience with the inter-relationship amongst all the players.

I ran into the woman teaching the Friday 6am spin class and affirmed my intention to join her class this round. Okay, so I've set myself up to be accountable to someone.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Create Options.

-Roxie

7 comments:

  1. I like option #5. You'll find the right fit. You're a woman on a mission!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.....okay here it goes....i'll say it.....lol....i don't know if your creative or like to be creative but have you thought of maybe buying (I know your trying to use what you have)a large canvas that would fit the space and you and maybe Pebbles painting something together?? Even an abstract would be more modern and i think you would have fun together doing it??? You could make it just the right color scheme and if you don't like it the first time guess what you can paint over it and try again.....the paint underneath would add texture........just a thought.......Hugs! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have extra paint that matches that wall? If so, then I'd just start hanging the pieces you really love - start in the center and work your way out. So it might not be complete...you'll get an idea if you really LIKE having a collage up there. And if you have the extra paint, you can do touch ups if you need to move anything (or if you don't, just cover the holes with another picture...Shelley Secret that I'm sharing with you ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spin cycle. My new love. Now if only the ice/snow would go away, maybe I can venture out of the house again and get to the gym. Two days housebound is two days too much.

    I love jinxxgirl's idea on painting an abstract with Pebbles. A very cool idea and I could see you pulling off something like that. Plus, it would have a lot of meaning to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or you could get wrapping paper (like Caspari - types that are arty) and make a collage thing with coordinating prints. I've seen this kind of thing on HGTV and they always make it look easy. Me? I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. You've hit the nail right on the head. None of these are working for me, either. I was going to go with the best out of...but you're right - homespun I think is the right word.
    Fear not. You'll find the right combo.
    ..the dreaded phone challenge. That was originally going to be mine for this week's comfort zone post; I have a lot of unmade calls building up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need the less is more and let the wall make a statement approach. I'm not sure if that black oval frame to the left is a mirror. But maybe it should be. We take ourselves so seriously . I think the colors and the statements of the two 'laugh' signs, the mirror, and the sunflower would make a cool collage with a little comic relief. I know I can usually use it. let us know.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.