Sunday, January 22, 2012

Should-Free Sunday


I've declared today a "Should-Free Sunday", as in "I should do this" or "I should do that. All of the folks I'd made plans with for various and sundry things canceled. It was all understandable and I choose to look at this as the gift of being able to re-start and re-plan (or un-plan) my day. I'm giving up the "I shoulds" and going with the "I wants".

I should go to church, but I want to soak in the tub longer. For today, tub wins.

I should be riding my bike because I just spent all that money on it, but I'm just not feeling like riding by myself. For today this morning, puttering around the house wins.

I should be cleaning out the garage, but I'd rather straighten up my sock drawer. For today, the socks win.

I should be working from a to-do list to optimize my efforts, but I just want to do whatever the spirit moves me today. For today, inefficiency wins.

I should be multi-tasking in order to get more done, but I'd rather just concentrate on this one thing that I'm doing and take pleasure from it. For today, pleasure wins.

(although I must confess to having turned Iris The Mint to let her do her thing, but I use her daily, just like she was a coffee pot).



Phone-A-Friend Challenge: 0 - stayed at a full gallop all day yesterday and I forgot all about my challenge.

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Don't should all over yourself.

-Roxie
143

picture of the single pin cushion flower that is bravely blooming in the front bed in mid-January



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you should have a great Sunday! OK, I cracked myself up with that...but really, I think days when you choose to do whatever you really want are like mini-vacations for the soul. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made some wise decisions. This was YOUR day, and I hope you enjoyed it. We need to stop thinking that we always have to be doing SOMETHING in the form of a task. This day was a gift, and I'm sure you benefitted from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Pleasure wins the day! I did the same thing. I think that floor thingy is totally awesome. I have never heard of that for your wood floors.

    Shelly cracked me up too. Now, have a great week~

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.