Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Trying To Make Sense Of It All


It may have been the saddest, oddest service I've ever attended. Every loss is tragic, certainly, but this was sad for a different reason. From what I could gather, the deceased had estranged himself from most everyone in his life. He had been wildly successful financially, to be sure, but really the only words that were spoken without qualification came from an eleven year old child. It certainly gives one pause.

I worked from home yesterday, awaiting the arrival of the new rug. I should have gone to work. I wish there was a better system of notification, for sure. I'd have it held to be picked up, but it is too large. It finally arrived at 6:30pm out of the back of a Budget rental truck, but too late for Pebbles and Slater to come over and do more moving about. Oh, well. It will keep.

P-A-F: 1

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others - they just might have to speak for you.

-Roxie
145

1 comment:

  1. That kind of a funeral can have as strong a depressant effect as one that reveals qualities and previously unknown stories can be uplifting. I recently attended one for the mom of one of my son's friends, and it was beautiful and life affirming.

    I love your intentions for 2012. Pick up that 500 hundred pound phone, girl!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.