Monday, January 2, 2012

Walk Tall


A shot of my closet the other day during the big re-arrangement. I am still unsure about the sitting room - I mean, for me alone, it's great, but it might feel too cramped for company. It might feel more open

As it was the first day of the new year, I set out to do the things yesterday that I would like to do for the entire year. I took the Grandbeast for a walk in the glorious sunshine, I went to church service - complete with drum circles and fire, spent my first dollar(s) of the year in the form of a charitable donation, saw three dear friends, attended a new year's day open house at another friends, took my Mom and Sis to dinner, gathered with some other friends, ate greens and wore red panties. Again, the weather was beyond spectacular. I feel so blessed to have had this time off and such unseasonable weather. Mother Nature did her share of nurturing me this break.

I plan on riding again today, my last day of vacation - I haven't decided where. I'm still not entirely comfortable taking Inez on the route to the river - I have to do some off-roading in order to get there and Inez ain't an off-road sort of gal. She's a bit more particular than is Cha-Cha. I've just decided to leave the bike rack permanently attached to Malibuken, so I can just load up and go at a moment's notice.

After my ride today, I need to rake some more leaves to get ready for garbage pickup on Tuesday. Then it will be putting together my work clothes for the rest of the week, which entails ironing. When I start talking about ironing, it's probably time to hang it up for the day and just get on with it.

Phone-A-Friend score: 2

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Walk Tall.

-Roxie

8 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of spending the first day of the new year doing things you'd like to do all year. Never thought of it that way and it's a great way to approach it! Hope your last day off is filled with relaxation and fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had glorious weather yesterday and again today. I'll be taking Sydney on her walk later. She's come to expect it now and watches my every move to see if I'm putting on my "shoes" :)

    Have a great day, Roxie. I'm jealous of your shoe shelf!

    Thanks, btw, for the nice comment you left me. It's good to hear from you. I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are starting the New Year out right. I wish I could still wear heels. There is no way with bunions....ouch!

    I love your Savor idea for the year. I too, am going to try to enjoy life....not just white knuckle through it.

    I am going to go for a bike ride later as well. Good for us! The weather really has been glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savor is great. I chose (embrace) change and am excited about this year. We had great weather, too, and I love not having snow.

    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Helen commented and didn't even mention your shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shoes! For me, reorganizing is a part of reordering things so that they work better and then I can operate better. It sounds like you have been very busy, and I'm glad you have enjoyed your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. I thought I was the only person still ironing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can I say HOLY COW to those shoes?? Man, those must make your legs go on forever ;)
    I have always wished I could wear shoes like that. Since breaking my foot over a decade ago, I'm a five-foot-two girl that has to accept she's always going to look short.
    Yay for your phone-a-friend goal. I need to start doing that as well. Practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.