Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dance Lesson Tuesday


Tonight is my first swing dance lesson - although I haven't heard any more from the group - but that may come today. I've got to spin class two mornings in a row, however I haven't worked that hard because if I get overheated, then I cough. And that's no good. I am just trying to get back into the swing of things (ha!).

The brunch on Sunday was very fun. There ended up being 12 of us, which was a nice number. The food was wonderful and I couldn't get people to take home much of their stuff, so after making care packages for a friend who just had knee replacement surgery, the rest of it went the way of the trash can. I just can't have all of that stuff around - so if I can't control me, then I have to control my environment :-).

I've also bent to peer pressure and jumped on the Downton Abbey bandwagon. I haven't caught any of the new episodes, as I'm whipping and spurring as fast as I can to catch up on the old ones that are available on Netflix.

Phone A Friend Challenge: 1

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Find a way to move that is pleasurable.

-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. I've posted on the last few posts, but not sure they are going through... strange. Anyhow, I LOVE SWING dancing!! We had a swing club in High School. My boyfriend at the time, and I tore up the dance floor at the various dances. It was such a blast! In fact, my mom made one of my dresses and a matching vest for my boyfriend. That was a fun night. :0) Enjoy the dancing, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it! I've been reading up a bit and evidently there is a different place to dance every night of the week in this town. I so enjoyed the last outing - but it was the BIg Band that made it pretty awesome, too.

      Delete
    2. After last night's lesson, I wish you lived closer - I need lots of remedial work and perhaps a TUTOR!

      Delete
  2. I control my environment too - whatever it takes, right?

    Have a swinging good time tonight!

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.