Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fast, Pray, Give






I found this this morning and I will look at it each day for Lent. While following the Lenten tradition is not in my spiritual practice, there are many things about the time for reflection that I admire.

Dance lessons went a little better last night. We are taught new steps and moves in pretty rapid-fire succession and I find that I can only absorb about the first half of the lesson. The rest of it just adds to my confusion. So next time, I think I'll learn what I can as well as I can and if I start to get lost, then I'll just step out of the "partner circle" and practice the basics on my own. I tend to do better when I have time to practice the basics solo without worrying about dancing with a partner. I don't know, however, if this will make my desire to "lead" a worse problem than it already is!

Nothing much more to add. Planning some bike rides with friends and with groups. Plus a bike maintenance class next Saturday!

Note: yesterday's cake picture was not of our actual cake. I just like the idea of a Rickrolled cake!

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Cherry-picked spirituality is better than none at all (my opinion, of course).

-Roxie

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on spirituality. However one begins to access it is just fine. Life without it is hollow and risky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspired me.. i love that broken halo site. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the link you've shared. I didn't grow up in a denomination that practiced Lent though I have done something or another on my own a time or two. I also like the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the link. So wait, no cute writing on the cake? I am not a real sweets person, but cake is the one I do love. Especially with milk, oh crap, now I want some.

    Glad your dance lesson went better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay folks - I've tried to remove the word verify from this blog by reverting to the old interface. Was I successful in disabling it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting calendar - I am very curious as to what it will say with Homer Simpson and Lady Gaga!

    Good plan on the dance learning. I find that I can only process a little bit at a time, and I'd rather learn that, than not learn anything. Which is why I knitted for almost three weeks before I attempted to purl - baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the bike maintenance sounds like fun. Thanks for trying to take that word verify off - those things are a pain. I tried to post from my phone, but the word verify was still on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you on the pick and choose spirituality. That's how I roll :0) The verify section looks like it's still there...

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.