Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feeling Frumpy


I'm having a 4F day. Today is a lesson in not letting feelings set the tone for the day. I have a lot on my (figurative) plate today and I am feeling all frumpy, flat, fat, fluffy and otherwise fatigued. I've got meetings scheduled for the rest of the day, a potluck dinner at my house right after work and a GNO to the theater.

I know that I'm off my game when I cannot muster up the energy to set a cute tablescape for company. I thought I would do it last night, but didn't feel like it. Thought I would do it this morning, but couldn't muster up the juice. So my girls will be dining off of paper plates with paper napkins tonight. Oh, the humanity. Ah, well. Those that I care about won't care and those that I don't care about, well, I don't care what they think.

None of this is serious - It's a post-holiday sugar hangover. I'm hopeful it will be over soon.

Phone-A-Friend: 1

Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Feelings are not Facts.

-Roxie

4 comments:

  1. I hope everyone survived the paper plates and napkins! ;) AND that you ended the day feeling more on your game.

    P.S. the new word verification thing is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. Maybe those big white drawers will become the new "hip" :) Happy Friday, Roxie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny Panties! Love it, it really makes you feel the frump. I have been feeling frumpy for a while now. I need something to get me excited again. Hope GNO was fun and that they survived the paper and plastic. Hope you are feeling SO MUCH BETTER

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reminder, Feelings are not Facts... thank you. Mine sure can weight me down sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.