Monday, February 27, 2012

Finicky or Frugal?

Today's post is brought to you by the letter F.  As in, Oh F#@&, I overcooked my muffin eggs for the week.  I set the timer to cook a strata, not individual muffin eggs, so they are all overcooked.  They are not inedible, they just are not as good as they should/could be.

 So let's take a poll:  Are you Finicky or Frugal?  Would you toss them or suffer through?  My frugality has been my downfall on more than on ocassion.  I'm thinking on this one that I will just toss them, as I want to enjoy/savor my food.  I know that I will not enjoy these eggs, so it will be back to the drawing board or the oven, as the case may be. 

Went for a bike ride yesterday - not as long as I wanted, but hey, every cycle helps.  And I did go to spin class this morning.  I'd been taking a hiatus from the scale and nearly croaked this morning when I did step on it.  Holy Shit!  I've been back on a streak for 9 days and I never expected to ping this high.  Oh well.  Another lesson learned - I'm still better off to monitor each day (YMMV).

Fast Pray Give link of the day

PAF Tally:  1

Take good care of yourself.  Be kind to others.  Find A Balance.

-Roxie
149

15 comments:

  1. As much as I hate to waste food, if whatever it is I've made turns out really icky? I. Will. Not. Eat. It. Being forced to eat food I hated as a child, with sometimes traumatic results, left me resistant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, if it was really icky, there wouldn't be much of a question. It's just not great, ya know?

      Delete
  2. Something very wrong with scales both in TX and MD. I did run my first 5 K on Saturday, worked hard to train for it and did relatively well with food and the scale is not moving a bit. :)
    I would definietly get rid of the food that doesn't make me happy. Why? Bceause I would need to eat soemthing else, if not satisfied, and then I would have to work out to work it and it would take my presious time. And I value my time more than my $$$. Strange reasoning but works for me. ( If I overeat let's make it the best possible experience!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I think you are right about the scale! (I wish)

      And I also agree with you about the only the good stuff - these things are going in the trash.

      Delete
  3. They'd go straight to the garbage can at my house. You'll never be satisfied with the way they taste and that could lead to snacking you don't want to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen stole my answer, but that's exactly what I would do...I find that if I have an unsatisfying meal, I feel cheated and scrounge for food all day long. Not worth it!

      Delete
    2. I agree. In the trash tonight.

      Delete
  4. I am frugal but I eat so little it's not worth it to eat bad food. Toss 'em and remake them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in the majority, Sarah. Out they go....

      Delete
  5. Since I'm still in weightloss mode, I don't always look to my food for flavor that satisfies. It's fuel, and that's all. And the frugal me would never throw it out anyway. I am noticing the older I get, the less I spend time on something that I don't like so who knows, maybe when I reach my weightloss goal, I won't be as frugal ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I wonder if there is a way I could re-purpose them into something useful?

      Delete
  6. It would be my first instinct to suffer through, but calories are precious so hopefully I would convince myself to throw it out and re-do. I monitor my weight daily as well. I know it is controversial, but I just like to catch slip-ups at the beginning stages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I think what I did resulted in more than I slip-up. I think it was a full-bore avalanche. I'm on some different medication, so perhaps that counts for some of it (or at least that's what I told myself in order to leave the house today) (jk)

      Delete
  7. That's why I have dogs ;-) !!! Any failed culinary efforts are greatly appreciated by 'em...

    (but then again I'm not hard to please so if it wasn't quite "perfect" I'd probably still eat it)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I'd have to agree with Val, our puppies benefit from my many failed cooking attempts. I vote to make those calories count :) Eggs are fairly reasonable in price. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'll try this for a while.